1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Infuse update questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidinfuse, Aug 21, 2011.

1. androidinfuse

androidinfuse Lurker
    None

Aug 21, 2011
    I updated my infuse today to gingerbread and when i went to the phones settings it said that the firmware was froyo (2.2.1)

Does this mean the phone is not running gingerbread?

Advertisement

2. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    School
    Colorado
    Android 2.3 isnt available for the infuse yet unless you install the infused 2.0 rom ( i am doing this haha) the update you installed has nothing to do with it, as it just fixed some random email to phone sync problems. This is a very minor update.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    If you received the recent OTA update that was a small firmware update. Not gb

4. Mohammad_Adib

Mohammad_Adib Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Student
    Bellevue, WA
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder

Someone on att's twitter account said we would receive the update this month...there was never an official announcement from att and the speculation was that whoever it was that made that claim was mistaking the infuse update for the inspire update.

We have a few days left ...so we will see.

The only official announcement from Att was that all phones would be updated by the end of 2011

6. RCPD Rookie

RCPD Rookie Newbie
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    I think we are cutting at&t too much slack, not holding them accountable. How is an announcement on the att official twitter feed not an official announcement? It was an announcement made on their official twitter feed by a person acting as a representative of the company. They should be in control of what they tweet. If they allow Joe Shmoe the janitor to post willy nilly as a representative of the company, that's on them. If it was a mistake, and they actually meant the inspire 4g, just say so. Otherwise, deliver on what they promise. (not that I'm irate, I can wait for gingerbread, my phone works fine without it, and I don't know what I'm missing.)

7. Egidio

Egidio Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    Male
    Austin, TX
    I totally agree. If it was incorrect, AT&T should have corrected the tweet right away. I agree we need to hold AT&T accountable. Apparently the person behind Twitter was not informed correctly. Reading the AT&T release, I see there is no set date for the Infuse. This is what was written on Twitter. If you follow the link provided there you'll see the Infuse did not have a set date for the upgrade.

8. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    What improvements can we expect with the update? Anything significant at all? I'm hoping for the newest version of touchwiz. And I'm expecting to be disappointed. Haha

9. cowboy78

cowboy78 Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    I'm hoping that my Infuse will start printing out $20 bills.

However, no one, no one, has suggested that the Infuse will ever, ever, receive a different version of touchwiz.

If you want to know the difference between gingerbread and froyo, trying googling gingerbread versus froyo.

10. tmaxey1

None

Nov 7, 2009

Hence why I said "hoping".
    I thought this was a message board. Thanks for the google advise. I wasn't sure what this google thing was all about. So your saying it's a search engine? Hmm interesting.

11. Egidio

Egidio Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    Male
    Austin, TX
    tmaxey1, you are pulling our legs, right? :)

12. cowboy78

cowboy78 Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    What, have you posted a half dozen messages already that you "hope" touchwiz 4.0 will come to Infuse? Why?

Posting things to a message board does not make them happen. Might as well post a half dozen messages that you would like the Easter Bunny to be real.

13. tmaxey1

None

Nov 7, 2009

I wonder why someone would hope for the latest version of the UI would come with the firmware update? Why would one actually think updating a phones UI is such a crazy desire? So crazy and far fetched that you see it in the same light as your phone having the ability to print $20 bills or the good ole Easter Bunny.

Please explain how samsung updating this phone to 4.0 touchwiz is such a crazy mad desire? Especially considering this phone was released after the galaxy s2 already had 4.0.

And please explain why you feel the need to answer someone's post by telling them to use google? Couldn't that be the response to any question posted on any message board regarding any topic? You don't have to post a response to a question if you don't feel like answering the question or if you don't know the answer. Why do you think some threads have hundreds of views but a handful or responses?

14. tmaxey1

None

Nov 7, 2009

Haha.. Of course. I was just playing to this.... Use google.... Response. I get annoyed when someone replies to a question with "use google". Its stating the obvious and not productive to message boards and their purpose. As mentioned above, if you don't wish to answer a question then don't reply. But to tell someone to google something is a way of talking down and trying to dismiss a persons question.