1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Ingress

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Savage Shadows, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Yes... you'll have new people show up and take over the area... then you can win then back!

Advertisement

2. texasminotaur

texasminotaur New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Howdy! Am an over the road truck driver and read about this game. I like the idea of a location based game like this. Been playing TrailHit and have enjoyed finding those boxes when I'm parked at truck stops. This game looks very interesting and I'd love to get an invite to play it!

3. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    UK
    Get plenty of portals submitted. They take a few weeks to kick in and you may find leveling an issue until they do....unless you burn some fuel!

4. Fremlin

Fremlin Member

May 3, 2010
    If anyone gets a spare code I would appreciate it immensely.

5. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    x2, got one last friend that needs one, I'm actually NOT going to recommend a faction either. We could use agents on either side.

6. speedymind

speedymind New Member

Jan 12, 2013
    can anybody share a spare code with me as well? :)

7. runekey

runekey Active Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Male
    College student/fast food
    Minnesota
    Looks to be the game version of foursquare. Ive submitted my email once a month for the past 3 months on the Ingress website. I really REALLY want an invite :(

8. Nexus5

Nexus5 Active Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Male
    Webdev
    Hmmm I have two invite codes because when I heard they were up to the H's and my GMail began with a C, I went back with an email that begins with an R and re-requested.

As I'm only running Android on my laptop/car-pc, and don't have an Android phone quite yet, I don't need the second invite code..

But has anyone given away a code with zero problems? Seems odd to give away something tied to an email account?

9. Tre Lawrence

May 24, 2010
    Yes... requested two via different emails, gave the extra to my wife. We both play without problems.

10. runekey

runekey Active Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Male
    College student/fast food
    Minnesota
    Just got my invite and joined resistance, but I don't think ill be doing any walking around in this 13 degree weather. Driving while having this app open isn't considered cheating, right? Any tips anyone wants to give me in general about this app?

11. Tre Lawrence

May 24, 2010
    Nah, lots of people hack on the go.

12. akutasame94

akutasame94 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Male
    Got my invite, game is downloading from google play (damn 21Mb over carrier network)...

13. GasPasser

GasPasser Member

Jul 20, 2012
    i signed up the other day, then i got another invite code in my email today.

someone want to try code H3KP7T6V.

14. Ssscrudddy

Ssscrudddy Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I've had 5 invites so far, 3 of them to the same email address. Before peeps start begging, all the spare ones have already been given away.

It's a fun game once you get going. I had a 3 week wait before any portals appeared in my town, & I only have pedal power.

It takes me about 4 hours to get round all my local portals, & I'm lucky enough to have 1 on my front door. I suppose that's what you get for living in 1 of the oldest buildings in the country (built 1089 <-- correct date, not a typo, but it's still only the 2nd oldest building in town :D )

Our local Enlightened gave up for a while because they were getting their arses kicked, even though they were higher level than us. We had to let everything decay, but they have finally started playing again. Last night they turned the town green, so today I plan on turning it blue again & hopefully hit lvl 6 in the process.

My phone only gets 48 mins on it's own battery with the Ingress app on, need to leave it on to get XM. But thankfully I have an Anker Astro III 10k mAh external battery, originally bought for festivals, but proving to be very useful for Ingress. Using this I can easily go all day.

15. duskorc

duskorc New Member

Jan 24, 2013
    My how to videos folks. I recorded them with my Samsung W :)

How to deploy resonators

youtube. com/watch?v=iD01XnJ9sBU

How to upgrade resonator level

youtube. com/watch?v=B0uP7OWrgG8

How to deploy portal shield

youtube. com/watch?v=CYldvyPWbpo

Capturing portal , deploying resonators and portal shields

youtube. com/watch?v=6LE6eiZKXdQ

How to attack portal with XMP bursters

youtube. com/watch?v=NbdVOesCjrM

How to link captured portals

youtube. com/watch?v=pyNm09L6jNE

To follow my future ingress gameplay videos

youtube. com/subscription_center?add_user=orcbandit

Thanks.

16. pkthunda

pkthunda Member

Mar 7, 2011
    raleigh
    If anyone has a code send it my way!

17. paksen

paksen New Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Male
    SAN/NAS admin
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If anyone has a spare invite, I'd like one. Please. I'll play for the enlightened since it seems they're fewer of them.

Kyle

18. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Male
    Ohio
    Been trying to play this game recently now that I have an Android phone, but the weather hasn't been the best for walking around town. I do have a question though, when your XM fills up, you're unable to pick up anymore, correct? So, what do you use that XM for? There aren't any portals in my area, so I really don't have a whole lot to go off of here.

There are areas near me that are of significant historical value, and I noticed on one spot there have to be a hundred portals all linked together within maybe a few hundred yards of each other. Turns out they are all at the Air Force Museum, which is about a half mile north of me. Head to museums and you'll hit the jackpot, unless someone else has beaten you to it.

EDIT: Oh, I'm Sylon on there, Resistance.

19. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
    XM is your energy, it is used charging portals and you have to have enough XM to attack. You will lose XM attacking enemy portals if you get "hit" when doing so.

Start suggesting portals in your area. Enable geo tagging in your camera, take the picture and click share, you should see Niantic Operations as a choice, select that and submit.

20. boyo1991

boyo1991 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Male
    Claims adjuster
    the internet.
    I want my invite :(

21. SamuraiBigEd

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    San Antonio, Texas
    Word was just given recently, another 18 months of beta! I think the game may die before it gets a full release on that time frame.

22. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Male
    Ohio
    This thread on the forum certainly has.

23. SamuraiBigEd

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    San Antonio, Texas
    They have also mentioned higher levels, which in my opinion would make the game way too frustrating for the new players coming in. They have also promised no reset when it goes live which means you will be coming in against a whole army of top level players.

24. RandomSanity

RandomSanity Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    I would love to try this if anyone has a code to spare.

25. LowEndGeek

LowEndGeek Well-Known Member

Got the beta. Love the game but keep getting. There are no towers in your area. Or whatever. Sad face