• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root init.d support for any rooted phone

Do I need to extract?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351037299505.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351037299505.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0
Do I need to extract?

no...it's not down...that site never goes down....but here it is for you anyways
i had to put it in a zip file to upload it....so UNZIP IT onto your Sd card...not in a folder...just in your SD card....

Just copied what he put and put unzip it in caps lol I guess that means unzip it :thumbup:
Sent from my typewriter.

Upvote 0
no...it's not down...that site never goes down....but here it is for you anyways
i had to put it in a zip file to upload it....so UNZIP IT onto your Sd card...not in a folder...just in your SD card....

Just copied what he put and put unzip it in caps lol I guess that means unzip it :thumbup:
Sent from my typewriter.

Thanks I got it but now I'm getting this. Now what's the prob? And I can't find "test.log" in /data Btw thank you all for helping me out

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351044461504.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351044461504.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351044473063.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351044473063.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
K I did it, finally. I set install-recovery.sh to su,fav, and boot in script manager woot.

Edit: so are there any scripts we can do that benefits our phone or anything of that nature:rolleyes:

google it...the only reason i posted this is so that people can enable it on their phone...there are a lot of init.d scripts available around the 'net so look around and find some...test them...if they work post them here for others

Upvote 0
Can some one translate this:
Init.d
(needs ROM with init.d access and busybox, open
empty file, insert header #!/system/bin/sh and put
these there, save in /system/etc/init.d and name it
something like 77tweaks)

follow the instructions that are clearly labelled there...

1. open empty file
2. insert header
3. put the script under that
4. save the file in your init.d folder and name it 77tweaks.sh

you obviously have no idea what any of this is...please please please thoroughly read the posts before doing stuff to your phone...PLEASE...

Upvote 0
follow the instructions that are clearly labelled there...

1. open empty file
2. insert header
3. put the script under that
4. save the file in your init.d folder and name it 77tweaks.sh

you obviously have no idea what any of this is...please please please thoroughly read the posts before doing stuff to your phone...PLEASE...

Ok I've done it. Is there a way to activate it or I jus leave it saved in the init.d folder?

Upvote 0
Thank you blaze I appreciate your help:D

No problem I know that sometimes you get an answer out of someone's frustration with you being a noob. I'm a little past noob only with some trial and error but if you have questions ask, or my personal fav Google it. It will most likely take you to xda but read read read and you'll have this down in no time.

Reactions: MotoTriumphant
Upvote 0
No problem I know that sometimes you get an answer out of someone's frustration with you being a noob. I'm a little past noob only with some trial and error but if you have questions ask, or my personal fav Google it. It will most likely take you to xda but read read read and you'll have this down in no time.

Yea that's exactly what I do Google is my best friend thx man:thumbup::beer:

Edit: What permissions do I set the scripts or does it even matter? Thx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones