1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Initial Charge For GS3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by abramc, Aug 21, 2012.

1. abramc

abramc Lurker

How long should i initially or first time charge my phone after i drained all the battery? I can't see any directions or instructions on how long i should first time charge my phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

people worry about their batteries so much they forget to just enjoy the phone...i got the phone...plugged it in...charged it while setting up ODIN and such on my computer...rooted the bad boy and have not looked back...

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Irrelevant. Current generation batteries require no initial charing/ no special procedures. Charge and use as you like.

The only advice is NOT to discharge it completely below 15%

4. Hogan773

Hogan773 Android Enthusiast

it sounds flippant but you charge it till......it's full! The phone's light will turn green.

5. hvrc

hvrc Android Enthusiast

As szadzik said. The lithium series of batteries don't really like to be drained down to 100%. Normal cut off for these packs is around 3.3-3.4v to were it won't start heating up. Heavy cut offs 3.0-3.2v is where you can actually puff your battery if it isn't up to the task of feeding power, making it subject to breaking down, heating up to the point of smoking. Just be glad we don't have lipo packs! YouTube lipo fire to see just how volatile they are (when damaged or used without care) the advantage would be a battery that can hang with the phone all day (with proper c rating and mah)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews