• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Initial comparison of the Samsung Within

I bet a lot of people switch over to the sgs2 from the 3vo.
Everyone is getting the 3vo because its the first phone out... after 3 weeks many of them are going to want something better. The new touch wiz actually looks really nice to me after having htc phones for the last 6 years (getting tired of flip clocks).

Upvote 0
I put together a comparison from different sources of the Within, Evo 3D, Photon, iPhone and others to give a quick idea of what the offerings are. I will probably wait until I get to try out the Within, but I am leaning towards the Samsung so far.

Attached is the comparison in pdf format.

UPDATE: Added processor information, MHL and NFC explanations, and small updates.

Attachments

• Cell Phone Comparo.pdf
    348.5 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
I am in the same boat, but regardless of the EVO 3D reviews. I think most people are just posting in the Galaxy S2 forum since it's actually out and the best information we have at the moment.

I do wonder if it will actually be a 4g phone or not though.

Yeah, I figured that the action was over in the GS2 forum and I have started reading it, but I wanted a place where we could start fresh discussions on the US version of this phone.

BTW, if it is not 4G, then I am out. I would be quite suprised if the phone was downgraded for Sprint, but stranger things have happened.

Upvote 0
I bet a lot of people switch over to the sgs2 from the 3vo.
Everyone is getting the 3vo because its the first phone out... after 3 weeks many of them are going to want something better. The new touch wiz actually looks really nice to me after having htc phones for the last 6 years (getting tired of flip clocks).

ROFLOL... dude, I thought I was the only one who thought the flip clock was just goofy. It reminds me of that ancient LLoyd clock I had sitting on my nightstand when I was like 7 or something. :D

but back to the discussion. I agree with you. I think that some of us are already skeptical about the 3vo. This was so going to be my next phone. I had an EVO 4g so I was ready for the next version with all the performance and hopefully no screen delamination (I went through 3 phones with this problem). But out of the gate, the reviews are subpar, regardless of who and how the phone was reviewed. The die hards are going to get it anyway and I sure hope they are happy with the purchase, but that same group of folks have little problem taking it back before the 30 days are up and going to another phone.......hummm, now what might that be..... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I put together a comparison from different sources of the Within, Evo 3D, Photon, iPhone and others to give a quick idea of what the offerings are. I will probably wait until I get to try out the Within, but I am leaning towards the Samsung so far.

Attached is the comparison in pdf format.

This is great, Unplugged. Thank you. I would love to see another column that has the iphone 5 specs. I think it would be an interesting comparison.

Upvote 0
ROFLOL... dude, I thought I was the only one who thought the flip clock was just goofy. It reminds me of that ancient LLoyd clock I had sitting on my nightstand when I was like 7 or something. :D

but back to the discussion. I agree with you. I think that some of us are already skeptical about the 3vo. This was so going to be my next phone. I had an EVO 4g so I was ready for the next version with all the performance and hopefully no screen delamination (I went through 3 phones with this problem). But out of the gate, the reviews are subpar, regardless of who and how the phone was reviewed. The die hards are going to get it anyway and I sure hope they are happy with the purchase, but that same group of folks have little problem taking it back before the 30 days are up and going to another phone.......hummm, now what might that be..... :rolleyes:

Yeah maybe if there is a firm release date for the within by then.

Upvote 0
Sadly for me, it doesn't look like I will be able to get the SGS2 if the current release date info is correct. My family and I already got our new phones, I got the Nexus S 4G, but was hoping for the SGS2. Now the only way would be to get it before my 30 day return policy is up, which would be July 3rd or 4th. Otherwise I would have to pay full price for the phone, and that is something I just can't do right now, much as I want to. If it comes to that, I will either stick with my Nexus or go with the Evo 3d. Not sure yet which, though.

Upvote 0
Sadly for me, it doesn't look like I will be able to get the SGS2 if the current release date info is correct. My family and I already got our new phones, I got the Nexus S 4G, but was hoping for the SGS2. Now the only way would be to get it before my 30 day return policy is up, which would be July 3rd or 4th. Otherwise I would have to pay full price for the phone, and that is something I just can't do right now, much as I want to. If it comes to that, I will either stick with my Nexus or go with the Evo 3d. Not sure yet which, though.

Ouch.... sorry to hear that. While your new Nexus will be a fine phone, it is no SGS2. But it is what it is and it sounds like you are making the best of your timing. I guess you could look at it this way. When the rest of us are hanging on to our SGS2's for another year to hit the upgrade status, you will be able to buy the new quad core phone that is 3mm thick and reads your mind for commands ....... :D

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat. I love my Evo and had every intention of buying the successor. I've since decided to wait for the SGS2. I don't even like Samsung or Touchwiz, but to me this phone is that much superior.

As far as HTC and flip clocks goes who uses that? :) replacement launchers and beautiful widgets are the way to go!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones