1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Initial thoughts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andygu3, Dec 22, 2011.

1. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

I received my Prime last evening and since this is more a Christmas present for the wife and kids, I haven't spent as much time on it as I would like but after Christmas, I'll get my hands on it more:D

Battery

Of course, it's way too early to think about battery life but on initial boot up, I was at 32%. After playing with it for an hour, it dropped to 23%. So, not too bad, imo;)

Performance

The thing is smooth. Going from screen to screen, playing games, downloading apps, web browsing.....all things considered, pretty impressive

GPS

There must be an issue with GPS, I couldn't get a lock even after downloading GPS Status but some say once you get that initial lock, all should be good. I was in the house last night so maybe after I get outside in the open, I'll have better luck, I hope:p

Wifi

No issues with wifi for me, so that's good news:)

All in all, I'm pretty excited to see how this tablet runs on a daily basis. This is our first tablet but I'm not new to the Android world after owning the Sprint Hero and now having the Evo 4G. So, after Christmas and after a few days of playing with it for a few more days, I'm sure I'll form a newer, better opinion of the Transformer Prime so I'll let everyone now about my findings. But I do agree with others, can't wait to see ICS on this because I'm not too fond of Honeycomb so far but that's just me;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews