1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Inline button support

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Moozhe, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Moozhe

Moozhe Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    What is the inline headset button support like on the Samsung Galaxy S2?

I have iPhone-style headphones (Klipsch S4i) with 3 buttons, the main button plus a volume up and volume down button.

I want to if and how these can be used. So far I can't get the volume up/volume down buttons to work at all. I assume that it's a physical difference in the jack and they will never work.

The main button works in that it allows me to pause/play music tracks using the default "Music" app (I assume this is a Samsung app). However, I don't see any way to skip to the next track or the previous track. Normally on an iPhone if you double-tap the button it skips to the next track, or triple-tap the button it skips to the previous track.

Since the button itself physically works, then I assume support for next track/previous track functionality depends on the app implementing it.

Does anyone know a way to get next track/previous track button combos to work? Is there a third party app I can use?

Advertisement

2. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    I think that sums it up.

You could try playing the file 'manually' from the 'My Files' folder in the app drawer though, but it might just be a different way of doing the same thing.

3. Moozhe

Moozhe Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Turns out the Music app does support next track (can't get previous track to work), I was just clicking too fast. If you double-click too fast it just registers a single click.