1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Innocase Active (White)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ridley, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Ridley

Ridley Newbie
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I really want to buy a few of these white cases, but I am afraid about the peeling issue. It has been over half a year since people started reporting this problem. Has this issue been fixed? This is the most attractive case on the market and it pains me that everyone is having this problem.

Please Seidio... fix this case! It is nearly flawless other than this issue. I'll pau you extra to remove the film if necessary. :)

Advertisement

2. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    We have addressed this issue and you should not have a peeling issue with any cases you purchase now!

3. wild style

wild style Member
    None

May 19, 2010
    Mine looks like doodoo, so I'm glad to hear it's been 'fixed' though I'm a bit skeptical.

FWIW, mine was purchased at least 3 months ago and began peeling after less than a week of use. Since I bought mine from a seller on eBay, I've had to deal with it. :(

4. mole644

mole644 Newbie
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    Mine hasnt peeled at all, but its no longer white, more of a pink/brown/grey hue.

5. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    They don't have them in the same variety of colors, but my preference is now the Incipio Silicrylic.

http://www.myincipio.com/HTC-Incredible-Cases-Accessories/HTC-Incredible-Cases-Accessories.asp

They don't have the colors Seidio has, but I've been using these for years on my wife's various iPhones, and their quality is outstanding. I can't tell you what their support is like, because I've never had to use them.

As for Seidio, I bought mine in August from Seidio, took about 3 weeks to start peeling. Their support was a nightmare to deal with. When you mix questionable quality with poor support, you generally see a decline in sales. I'm not touching them for anything in the future.

hookem likes this.
  6. hookem

hookem Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 21, 2009
    Male
    TEXAS - Liberty Hill
    The Case-Mate case I want is still in back order.

This one looks nice, but don't know about the back of the hard case being open to the silicon. How bad is the lint attraction?

7. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    I can't tell you on that particular case, as I'm getting it in a week or two. But, on the Silicrylics I've used before, the silicone is kind of weird (compared to the cheap stuff you get at the mall kiosks). It doesn't warp or lose shape, and it doesn't attract lint. My wife's 2 year old iPhone 3G still has her purple Silicrylic on it that she bought day one, and it's still like new. The one she's had on her iPhone 4 since August shows no signs of wear and tear. This is even with a baby constantly gnawing on it.

hookem likes this.
  8. hookem

None

Dec 21, 2009
    Male
    TEXAS - Liberty Hill
    With that endorsement I think i'm canceling my case mate order.

9. Ridley

Ridley Newbie
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I just want a case in white that won't turn brown or peel within a week. Is it too much to ask? lol

10. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    FYI, my Silicrylic came in today. It's going to be my permanent case. Every bit the quality I'm used to from their iPhone versions.

It only has one real flaw, and that is the silicone around the trackpad. Makes it hard to use with your thumb, but pecking at it with your finger remains easy. This is the way I prefer when fine-adjusting texts anyway, so it didn't affect me.

11. cbasil

cbasil Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    Is the silicon sticky in terms of in and out of pocket smoothness? I have a white (yellow cream now...) seidio active, and it always flips my jean pockets inside out when I take it out. Does the silicrylic do this?

12. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    It's not very sticky, it's very pocketable. But, it's still silicone, and it will still grab to a degree. The Silicrylic has more exposed silicone than the Active, but I've found their amount of "grab" to be similar as a whole. If your Active is pulling your pocket inside out, then the Silicrylic likely will as well.

Unless you REALLY hate Seidio, there's no reason to be like me and make the switch. But, if you have no case and are just now buying one, I'd recommend the Silicrylic over the Active.

13. hookem

None

Dec 21, 2009
    Male
    TEXAS - Liberty Hill
    My Silicrylic cam in this past Monday and I noticed that the hard shell fit rather loosely. I contacted Incipio- they had me send them some pics- and they're sending me a new one. Good CS if you ask me.

As for the silicone, it catches lint just the same as the others.

But I do like it...;)