• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Innocell 1600mAh Battery

i don't have to recharge midday with this 2nd Nexus (my first one sucked abysmally.... by noon, it was at 50%...) - with this one, 12hrs later and i'm still at 50% most of the time... no need to middle of the day charging... with the seidio, i'm hoping i can make it like 32-34hrs on a single charge, that way if i ever were to forget charging at night, i'd still have one full work day before it died (24hrs + 8hrs)... I haven't bled my OE battery to 0% yet (ie. letting it die on its own)... nor will i until it's been a month - i'll get into the habit of draining fully once a month, but not more than that... no need..

Upvote 0
and don't hold your breath on my review... my usage might be completely different than yours... so even comparing my OE vs the Seidio - it might still not be an accurate comparison for you if our usages differ a lot... i might end up eating through the extra % capacity and not even notice, or vice versa...

Upvote 0
Day 1 with Seidio 1600.... charged it for 8+ hrs last night... in phone now... Since it's the weekend, my usage will differ than my weekly routine... but the packaging did say - may need 5-6 cycles until conditioned - or something to that effect... so probably good to note assess it until early next week after a few charge cycles...

Will see how it performs. I was actually quite happy with my stock battery - wasn't sure how it would pan out. Probably should have waited before buying this Seidio battery. Oh well...

Reactions: cabinets
Upvote 0
BACY28HNX1-BK-6.jpg
BACY28HNX1-BK-4.jpg

ouch! nasty...

Upvote 0
thicker phone that turns on > thinner phone that's run outa charge

I think its personal opinion and need. Some people might not need a longer lasting battery but I wouldn't mind owning the longer lasting one for various situations where I may not have a charger for an extended period of time.

I'm going to get a 2nd normal battery and a longer lasting one. That way I have plenty of options.

Upvote 0
I'm just curious if anyone needs a 2800mh battery for a reason other than forgetting to charge it. Thats the only reason I would want it, because if you are going on an extended trip, than you either shouldn't even be using your phone...or you should have a car charger wall charger etc etc.

As for me, I'm still a student so I'm good for now. By the time i hit college, I'll probably put my nexus one on a shelf and buy a new phone. It's a wonderful phone and I think i'll keep it for a memory and just to play around with it, because by the time i'm 21ish...we will probably be on android 4.1 or farther even :p

Upvote 0
I just ordered the 1600mAh battery. Looking forward to getting that little extra boost. Maybe I'll just use the extra juice to run live wallpapers all the time without guilt. Thought about the 2800, but that replacement back is crazy ugly. I like the Google branding too. I'd prefer not to have a giant Seidio label on my phone. This is superficial and does not affect the function of the phone, bit still.

Also, I don't know why all these companies tell us to condition our batteries. Lithium Ion batteries should not need conditioning. And how about that Droid? Seidio still doesn't have an extended slim battery for that phone. Makes me chuckle a bit as a Guy with both phones.

Upvote 0
I'm just curious if anyone needs a 2800mh battery for a reason other than forgetting to charge it. Thats the only reason I would want it, because if you are going on an extended trip, than you either shouldn't even be using your phone...or you should have a car charger wall charger etc etc.
Are you really ******ed enough to have the audacity to believe that it's not possible to deplete the pathetic 1400mAh of charge? I regularly run out and I charge it whenever I get an opportunity. I find myself worrying about the charge of my phone far too often.

Upvote 0
Are you really ******ed enough to have the audacity to believe that it's not possible to deplete the pathetic 1400mAh of charge? I regularly run out and I charge it whenever I get an opportunity. I find myself worrying about the charge of my phone far too often.
Exactly. Some of us actually use our device. If you just go out and put your Nexus in your pocket and never pull it out, then I'm sure you don't need any extra battery life. But like I said, some of us actually use it a lot.

because if you are going on an extended trip, than you either shouldn't even be using your phone...

And wtf, does going on an extended trip and shouldn't be using a mobile device even mean?? I have this crazy habit of using mine on extended trips...that's what mobile devices were made for....you know, being mobile! What a stupid thing to post. What are we supposed to do? Stop at a land line every time we want to make a call? You sound like an idiot, or someone who doesn't even use a mobile device and doesn't know any better(or you stay home 24/7).

Upvote 0
Exactly. Some of us actually use our device. If you just go out and put your Nexus in your pocket and never pull it out, then I'm sure you don't need any extra battery life. But like I said, some of us actually use it a lot.

And wtf, does going on an extended trip and shouldn't be using a mobile device even mean?? I have this crazy habit of using mine on extended trips...that's what mobile devices were made for....you know, being mobile! What a stupid thing to post. What are we supposed to do? Stop at a land line every time we want to make a call? You sound like an idiot, or someone who doesn't even use a mobile device and doesn't know any better(or you stay home 24/7).

He's a kid; he's not even 21 yet as he stated, so thats probably why he made that comment :)

The business/real world life is not as apparent at that age, so I would go easy on him.

Upvote 0

woah... flame much?

Upvote 0
I have been seriously considering getting a 1600mAh battery for my Nexus One to extend the time between charges. Does anyone have any experience with these aftermarket products? The stock battery is 1400mAh so the extended battery has only a 12.5% increase in capacity. Does this equate to a 12% increase in use times based on similar patterns of usage or does the discharge accelerate as the battery approaches zero? I ask because it appears to me that after the phone displays >40% it seems to discharge more rapidly.

Right now I have the stock battery ... actually stock everything ... which was charged last two days ago and still shows 42%. I haven't been using it heavily but i do pull email from 3 pop accounts every 15 minutes and push from Gmail. Made a few phone calls, and browsed intermittently.

I'm going to let it run down until it craps out on me, just to see how long i can go between charges.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones