• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Innocell 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery - Now Shipping!

I am going to wait for the Verizon/HTC 2100 battery. It does come with a different back plate and will increase the thickness slightly. However, for those who have the Incredible already know, it is very thin to begin with, so I can handle a slight increase for that much more power.

True, unless you are using a shell/holster combo with your current setup (such as lil' ole me) and I would hope they would come out with a case/shell/holster combo that works with the extended battery. I haven't seen anything yet, so hopefully more will show up when they do.

Rumor has it that it will be out in two weeks (SKU started showing up in the VZW system).

Upvote 0
Well, just to add my two cents, my experience with the Seidio battery for the past 24 hours or so has been pretty good compared to stock (even though I haven't used stock for a complete day yet).

The stock battery died (starting at 20%) just a mere hour and a half or so after getting the phone. I was playing with it non-stop, calling, texting, downloading, playing music, etc. (10:30am - 12:00pm yesterday).

I promptly put in the Seidio battery and let it charge for about 4.5 hours straight. Not playing with it for about 4 of those hours. Couldn't help myself the first 30 mins!

Took it off the charger at 4:30pm, but synced up with my computer until 6:30pm. The phone just died 30 minutes ago. I had an unplugged time of 16 hours on the dot. No way the stock battery would have lasted that long. No way.

From 6:30pm until 12:00pm, I had been playing with it furiously, watching YouTube, downloading apps, listening to music, friendstream, texting, wifi, used bluetooth headset on lots of calls last night (2.5 hours total), using GPS for about 20 minutes, took some pictures, listened to FM radio, doing everything I could. The battery was at 34% by midnight.

Woke up this morning at 7am and it was at 27%. Left 3G and Wifi on. Seems like 1% battery = 1 hour of standby time with those radios left on. Listened to music on the way to work (25 minute drive), more texting, one call, more apps, more surfing with Skyfire, just ran Seesmic at 10:30am when it died.

That's pretty impressive compared to my iPhone3G which couldn't even make it 11 hours before dying completely -- and not even using it HALF as much as the Incredible yesterday.

My take so far - the Seidio is worth it. :) The real world experience is excellent and the life has been very good. I used juice defender for most of the day also.

Take it for what you will, but that's been my experience. I LOVE THE FACT that the original battery door FITS on the back NO problem with this extended battery. :D I'll report more after a week of real-world (day-to-day) usage.

-Elo (sorry for the long post!)

Upvote 0
I am going to wait for the Verizon/HTC 2100 battery. It does come with a different back plate and will increase the thickness slightly. However, for those who have the Incredible already know, it is very thin to begin with, so I can handle a slight increase for that much more power.

They say 1mm thicker and I looked at my Eris and Incredible side by side and the Incredible is already thiner then the super small Eris so I'm guessing that with that extra space it will only be slightly fater then the Eris. I actually will kind of like the extra fatness to a point, I thought about getting the 3500mah with may Eris but it almost doubled the Eris thickness. I think the 2150 is a perfect size battery for this phone

Upvote 0
I read somewhere that it takes 5-7 drain/charge combos before you notice the real performance of the battery. So if I were everyone I would just hold out on things. Also read some awesome articles talking about how task killers drain batt and performance since htc/android have great memory management already which turn applications to idle instead of having an app that is draining resources... I have took of advanced task killer and I am a big power user and my stock battery is fine granted it also has to do with coverage and radio pull... there is WJD's 2 cents!

Upvote 0
I would stay away from the seidio battery, its overpriced and doesn't deliver any more power vs the stock battery, or at least a noticable difference. I have 2 seidio 1750 batteries and have not been impressed. One is in my incredible and the other is in my wifes eris. I would wait for the larger extended battery with a new back cover from HTC. That would be worth extra money. I am contemplating selling my 1750 i have in my incredible, its only 2 weeks old. Seidio makes good cases, but the batteries leave much to be desired.

I'll give you 10 bucks.... 11 if you are nice to me.

Upvote 0
Here is a web page where someone formally tested all the batteries:
BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!
In case you're new to this, "OEM" means Original Equipment Manufacturer, or HTC. If you believe the testers on batteryboss.com, the Seido 1750mah battery ("TP2 Seidio, light use 2 mos") only delivers 1383mah for , while the 1500mah battery manufactured by HTC ("TP2 OEM standard issue") delivers 1414mah for less money.

At this point, any battery with more mah than the 1750 will be bigger than the OEM battery and will require a different back case for the phone. Check before you order a bigger battery to make sure they supply the special back case!

Battery testing and etc. is a constant source of controversy because everyone's use/mileage is so subjective. What's "heavy use"? Do lithium batteries really need conditioning or not? Lots of serious battery geeks out there, and they get really serious about this. You should check out the dedicated "Battery" threads on these forums if you want to read more about it.

Upvote 0
In case you're new to this, "OEM" means Original Equipment Manufacturer, or HTC. If you believe the testers on batteryboss.com, the Seido 1750mah battery ("TP2 Seidio, light use 2 mos") only delivers 1383mah for , while the 1500mah battery manufactured by HTC ("TP2 OEM standard issue") delivers 1414mah for less money.

At this point, any battery with more mah than the 1750 will be bigger than the OEM battery and will require a different back case for the phone. Check before you order a bigger battery to make sure they supply the special back case!

Battery testing and etc. is a constant source of controversy because everyone's use/mileage is so subjective. What's "heavy use"? Do lithium batteries really need conditioning or not? Lots of serious battery geeks out there, and they get really serious about this. You should check out the dedicated "Battery" threads on these forums if you want to read more about it.

yeahh that website was posted a while back. the only thing I have to say is the 1750 is LIGHTYEARS better than the 1300 i got. so the only thing i'm concerned with is real world results and I can easily make it a day and a half with this thing with brightness at 100%, location/gps on etc etc. 'Batteryboss' can say what he wants, but my personal results have more than convinced me of it's worth!

Upvote 0

The 1750 for the TP2 and Eris/Incredible are different stock #'s. They could actually be a different battery. Also a 2mo old battery is also not an apples to apple comparison to a brand new battery.

I'm not saying the result are useless, or that the Seidio is a good buy, just that we don't have all of the information.

Upvote 0

i would suggest a boulder of salt with the test results from battery boss. their results on the 1750 battery are from one user with a different phone conducted over a year ago. not sure how they can make a blanket claim on this battery with test results from one user. especially when that one result flies in the face of real world results by many incredible users across multiple forums.

in my case i'm very satisfied with the 1750 slim extended battery. so far, for the week that i've had it, it has lived up to my expectations. i get 20-25% more run time than the 1300mah oem battery on average. some people see better results, but i haven't seen any users saying they've experienced worse results than a 20% improvement in run time.

Upvote 0
i would suggest a boulder of salt with the test results from battery boss. their results on the 1750 battery are from one user with a different phone conducted over a year ago. not sure how they can make a blanket claim on this battery with test results from one user. especially when that one result flies in the face of real world results by many incredible users across multiple forums.

in my case i'm very satisfied with the 1750 slim extended battery. so far, for the week that i've had it, it has lived up to my expectations. i get 20-25% more run time than the 1300mah oem battery on average. some people see better results, but i haven't seen any users saying they've experienced worse results than a 20% improvement in run time.

While exact numbers would certainly be inappropriate to take from a test using such small sample sizes and less than perfect methods, there is still an obvious trend that simply cannot be explained away as coincidence: Every OEM battery tests near their claimed amounts. No knock off brands test near their claimed amounts.

And this should be expected. If you read up on batteries a bit, you'll find the very concept of being able to "squeeze" more power storage into the same physical cell size is basically impossible.

That's not to say that people who replace their 1300 OEM with the Seido 1750 aren't going to see an improvement in their battery life. They certainly will, it's a bigger battery. The important thing is, it's virtually certain beyond any reasonable doubt that you are actually going to get somewhere in the same vicinity as the 1500 OEM batteries get, not 1750. And you can get those batteries for much cheaper than the Seido.

If Seido engineers had somehow figured out a way to break the laws of physics in their factories, they'd probably be changing the world in many other ways than by providing overpriced aftermarket cell phone accessories.

Here's some good info on batteries in general: Welcome to Battery University

Reactions: NYC Coyote
Upvote 0
I'm on my third day with my new 1750. While waiting on it I was using the 1500 out of my 6 month old TP2. the 1300 was on about 25% around 6-7pm. The TP2 made it to 8-9pm. 2 days old and my 1750 is reporting 60% left at 9pm! Maybe I got a good one. I turn on around 7am, push email, gps on, blue tooth on, screen auto, no live wallpaper, app killer installed. I'm moderate user, ussually 40-60 minutes talk time, alot of business email (MSExchange), about 2 hours web access, widgets running for stocks and weather, most of the talking is blue tooth car connection. I even used Pandora connected to my car for 45 minutes yesterday. Nothing scientific about this report though.

Upvote 0
I'm on my third day with my new 1750. While waiting on it I was using the 1500 out of my 6 month old TP2. the 1300 was on about 25% around 6-7pm. The TP2 made it to 8-9pm. 2 days old and my 1750 is reporting 60% left at 9pm! Maybe I got a good one. I turn on around 7am, push email, gps on, blue tooth on, screen auto, no live wallpaper, app killer installed. I'm moderate user, ussually 40-60 minutes talk time, alot of business email (MSExchange), about 2 hours web access, widgets running for stocks and weather, most of the talking is blue tooth car connection. I even used Pandora connected to my car for 45 minutes yesterday. Nothing scientific about this report though.

You see, this is exactly the kind of anecdotal evidence that actually proves these types of observations or measurements (hours I used it vs. battery meter % reading) are completely inaccurate and of no use in determining what is actually happening.

If your observations were to be taken at face value, you would be getting double the life out of the Seido 1750 vs the OEM 1500 (roughly 35 hours vs 18 hours). This is physically impossible.

I am assuming of course that you are certain that is a real OEM 1500, not one you purchased online that could be a fake and you properly cared for it during those 6 months.

The most likely culprit here is that the battery meter is simply inaccurate. If you ran each of them until they actually shut off, you'd probably find your difference to be much smaller than that.

Upvote 0
And this should be expected. If you read up on batteries a bit, you'll find the very concept of being able to "squeeze" more power storage into the same physical cell size is basically impossible.

If Seido engineers had somehow figured out a way to break the laws of physics in their factories, they'd probably be changing the world in many other ways than by providing overpriced aftermarket cell phone accessories.

Sure, there is a theoretical limit to the capacity of a LI-poly battery for a given volume, but that assumes that both the OEM battery and Seidio are manufactured flawlessly, and use the same amount of internal volume for charge storage (completely ignoring potential differences in the charging circuitry for now). Manufacturing processes can ran the gambit in terms of output quality, and Seidio and HTC may not of had the same goals in mind when designing the battery. One could easily favor yield over capacity, take a design hit on the average capacity, but have a larger number of unit be functional enough to sell on the market per batch.

Coming from the semiconductor world, you can get a huge spread of manufacturing quality even from the same assembly line. Minor manufacturing flaws in the same design can easily cause speed variances in the final product of +/- 25% or more. There are also "boutique" processes where you pull out all the stops to make sure a batch is extremely high quality. The end result is a batch with higher chance of being a high end product, but at the cost of significantly added expense and/or manufacture time.

The theoretical max for an OEM sized batter *could* easily be 2000mah's, but neither Seidio nor HTC can reliably hit that target. Instead they design for something that is more achievable and less expensive to manufacture.

I'm not say Seidio is breaking the laws of physics. I am saying however that it is unlikely that any battery company has complete control over every atom going into their cells, and thus is NOT going to be at the theoretical maximum limit for charge density for a particular process. This is something that you can tweak, make trade offs, and to some degree, throw PhD's and money at to improve.

Upvote 0
Sure, there is a theoretical limit to the capacity of a LI-poly battery for a given volume, but that assumes that both the OEM battery and Seidio are manufactured flawlessly, and use the same amount of internal volume for charge storage (completely ignoring potential differences in the charging circuitry for now). Manufacturing processes can ran the gambit in terms of output quality, and Seidio and HTC may not of had the same goals in mind when designing the battery. One could easily favor yield over capacity, take a design hit on the average capacity, but have a larger number of unit be functional enough to sell on the market per batch.

Coming from the semiconductor world, you can get a huge spread of manufacturing quality even from the same assembly line. Minor manufacturing flaws in the same design can easily cause speed variances in the final product of +/- 25% or more. There are also "boutique" processes where you pull out all the stops to make sure a batch is extremely high quality. The end result is a batch with higher chance of being a high end product, but at the cost of significantly added expense and/or manufacture time.

The theoretical max for an OEM sized batter *could* easily be 2000mah's, but neither Seidio nor HTC can reliably hit that target. Instead they design for something that is more achievable and less expensive to manufacture.

I'm not say Seidio is breaking the laws of physics. I am saying however that it is unlikely that any battery company has complete control over every atom going into their cells, and thus is NOT going to be at the theoretical maximum limit for charge density for a particular process. This is something that you can tweak, make trade offs, and to some degree, throw PhD's and money at to improve.
Don't tase me bro. LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones