• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Input method

I was having similar trouble, after installing the JB keyboard. The exact process of my solution was this:

System settings> Language & input> (make sure your preferred keyboard is blue checked or grey checked) Default> (put the blue dot on your preferred keyboard)

You're done and should be good
I'm using stock keyboard, it's grayed no matter what so I assume it's the default, but why does the notification constantly appear, it shouldn't be and it's real annoying to have to keep opening and closing the settings for it to make it go away.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know why the select input method notification is constantly popping up? I'm using LG keyboard but the checkbox for it is grayed, although I can access the settings for it. Anyone?

I frequently get this Notification also regardless of whether I'm using LG Keyboard

or the supplied Swype Keyboard -it asks me frequently to select input method.

Probably a minor Software Error-

OR- could be that the Keyboard is insecure and needs to feel wanted......

Even when I set the correct Keyboard as default in the menu-the prompt still occurs periodically .

Reactions: tonylc74
Upvote 0
I frequently get this Notification also regardless of whether I'm using LG Keyboard

or the supplied Swype Keyboard -it asks me frequently to select input method.

Probably a minor Software Error-

OR- could be that the Keyboard is insecure and needs to feel wanted......

Even when I set the correct Keyboard as default in the menu-the prompt still occurs periodically .

Hah! Yea it's unwanted lol! Yea I'm still getting it regardless.

Upvote 0
Well i do not get the warning...maybe you should start fresh from stock and then you won't get the warning...

unless of course you are talking about the little keyboard icon popping up in the status bar every time you activate the keyboard?...if that is what you are talking about well, it never goes away...

Upvote 0
Aha! I was curious about the same thing. So I looked at the language and input settings and found though it's not at all intuitive, you have to click where it says "default keyboard" above the list all of the installed input methods. This brings up a window where you select just #one# of those as the default.

Will take some screens and post.

nynynu2u.jpg

a6una4ur.jpg

Enjoy!

Reactions: tonylc74
Upvote 0
Yes but will this make the notification go away for good?:banghead:

Oh, no, it doesn't. I just hadn't ever seen that screen before so I was excited, thinking it had fixed the issue. But the notification still occurs, even though a default method is selected. Even with just one method selected, and a default chosen, it still comes up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones