1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Input on Extended Batteries please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tboltfan25, Sep 28, 2011.

1. afrost55

afrost55 Newbie

I also have the HTC 2750 extended. Not bad but makes your phone heavy. I got mine directly from Verizon store.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

The reason I went with the above battery, even if I decide not to get the HTC Vigor, at least I can use this in the Thunderbolt.

3. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Okay I suppose they aren't that hard to find, I guess I could have used google.

4. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

Don't worry, I won't be rude at you.

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

^Post edited by mod.

We play no favorites and we have no pets.

Earning a ban on your own merits is easy.

It just as easy being cool and not whining to others when all they wanted was some battery advice.

Your choice. No one else's.

Kelmar likes this.
  6. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

EASY EASY, it was an INSIDE JOKE!

7. meandmydroid

meandmydroid Well-Known Member

"My name is Doug...and I'm a Thunderbolt-aholic..." (all reply - "Hi Doug")

With that said, I was thrilled to read this post that the Vigor battery with a higher mah will fit and work with the Thunderbolt....now....for the million dollar question...

Have you been able to see an actual increase in usage time between charges with the Vigor battery? If I can get a few established reports that it will be a very noticeable increase in usage time between charges, I'm definitely putting that battery on my list of stocking-stuffers for Christmas! :D

8. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I'm actually a little too scared to put that battery into this damn phone. I'm holding out for the Vigor so I think I'd rather wait to start using it in that phone. I did install a new ROM as well so I'd probably have a different result from this Vigor battery anyways. I'm betting I'd get maybe an hour or two of extra use out of the battery. It's not that much bigger than the TB battery.

9. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

Wow that's great :)

What I like to know if anyone has used both the Seido extended and the HTC extended batteries?
    I know the Seido states a higher capacity, but what has real world comparison shown?

Thanks,
    Bryan

10. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert

Tboltfan25 likes this.
  11. Tboltfan25

Tboltfan25 Android Enthusiast

I think i've decided to just get a wall charger, and keep the slim look of the thunderbolt..I charge my phone every night anyway, so another slim would be enough to get me through my day, and them I can charge them both overnight.

12. I agree. I think I'll go the same direction.

13. Whatstreet

Whatstreet Android Enthusiast

I can't be bothered with ripping the back off my phone and replacing a battery. That's why I have the 2750mAh battery.

I agree it makes the phone a little bulky, but I would rather have that than worry about charging.

14. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I switched ROMs a few days ago and noticed much improved battery life. Where I'd have about 20-10% near the end of the day, I now have 50-60% battery life. I'd say it has a lot to do with the apps that I had installed, but also the old Gingerbread ROM that I was using seemed a bit buggy.

15. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert

What did you switch from/to?

16. Tboltfan25

Tboltfan25 Android Enthusiast

Just to update my situation....I spoke with a VZW rep, and I was offered an extended battery for 25 bucks...so I decided to try it...for only a few dollars more than a spare with a wall charger...so I figured if I hate it, it won't be a terrible loss.

17. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I went from a BAMF rom to Gingeritis. I don't know the versions off hand but I think it was a combination of going to a new ROM and getting rid of some of the bloatware/apps that want to go online for updating.

Oh and I did go ahead and set up my 3 Email accounts for push notification so there were no obvious reasons for the better battery life.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews