• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inquiries about the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime

I have recently purchased my second Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360T1 (Metro pcs).. even though it is my second Galaxy Core Prime. I have a few questions that I would like to ask, and hope one of you out there reading, may possibly be able to give me some insight.

1. Its reading as there is no SD card installed for the external memory, even though I've had a 32GB SD card in it since I bought it. Its still installed in the phone, yet continues to read as if there is nothing there at all.

2. I really would like to root this phone, however any and all root methods I've attempted fails. Using a pc isn't an option as someone thought that they needed it more than I did...

So... with that being said, is there any way to force this phone to see the SD card and is there any working method of rooting my phone? Below I've included the information i found in the About Phone section, in hopes to give some information that may be helpful.

*MODEL: SM-G-360T1
*ANDROID VERSION: 5.1.1
*KERNEL VERSION: 3.10.49-8702342 dp:mad:SWHE0706#1
*BUILD NUMBER: LMY47XG360T1UV52APK3
*SE FOR ANDROID STATUS: ENFORCING SGPF_SM-G360T1_5.1.5_0069
*SECURITY SOFTWARE VERSION:
ASKSv1.2_161011
*DEVICE STATUS: OFFICIAL

I appreciate all who take a moment to read this post. . Any and all suggestions, tips, and advice is welcome as well as appreciated greatly.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones