• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insistent sign in to network pop up

Hi, I just joined the forum because I need some help.

I have a cheap Chinese phone which is almost 5 years old, but it has been fine until yesterday.
I suddenly started getting "sign in to network" messages for a strange network which is in Chinese so I don't understand it. It keeps popping up about every 5 minutes, even though I am already signed in to my home wifi network. It has a https address which is dnspod.qcloud.com which seems to be something to do with website design. When I look on my wifi available list it is not there. I turned off the notification of available networks and rebooted twice but it still appears. Its driving me mad, can anyone suggest anything other than get a new phone, because I cant afford one at present, or I definitely would! Thanks.
Screenshot_2021-06-16-01-26-19.jpg

Qcloud is a cloud and internet services company, run by Tencent. That's a landing and login page for a website that's been suspended. It basically states "This website is temporarily unavailable.". "This website is not setup according to the rules of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology".

Looks like your China phone is trying to connect to this server, but the server has apparently been shut down for not complying with the internet laws of China. .

Is this the phone's stock internet browser showing this? Try disabling the stock internet browser app, and install another browser instead, like Chrome or Firefox.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
try putting the phone into safe mode. it being a chinese phone i have no idea how to do that.

maybe @mikedt can translate it as well.

If the phone still shows the same thing in safe mode, then it's very likely hard-coded into the phone's firmware to ping this server, and if it gets an error, it throws up a browser web-view page. That's my guess. In which case there's probably not that can be done, given what this phone is.

Upvote 0
Qcloud is a cloud and internet services company, run by Tencent. That's a landing and login page for a website that's been suspended. It basically states "This website is temporarily unavailable.". "This website is not setup according to the rules of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology".

Looks like your China phone is trying to connect to this server, but the server has apparently been shut down for not complying with the internet laws of China. .

Is this the phone's stock internet browser showing this? Try disabling the stock internet browser app, and install another browser instead, like Chrome or Firefox.

Thank you, that does explain a lot! I thought it was a wifi sign in because of the header, its exactly the same when it offers me wifi on the bus.

I use Chrome, but it doesn't look like its on chrome - I will disable all the stuff I don't use and see if it goes - I hope Im not stuck with it or its new phone time as it interrupts me about every 5 or 10 minutes!

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
Hi, I just joined the forum because I need some help.

I have a cheap Chinese phone which is almost 5 years old, but it has been fine until yesterday.
I suddenly started getting "sign in to network" messages for a strange network which is in Chinese so I don't understand it. It keeps popping up about every 5 minutes, even though I am already signed in to my home wifi network. It has a https address which is dnspod.qcloud.com which seems to be something to do with website design. When I look on my wifi available list it is not there. I turned off the notification of available networks and rebooted twice but it still appears. Its driving me mad, can anyone suggest anything other than get a new phone, because I cant afford one at present, or I definitely would! Thanks.View attachment 157822

My assumption would be that your phone's been connecting to that site for years, you just didn't know it until they went offline.

Upvote 0
You could try using a firewall with a log, and as soon as it happens again check the log.
Then block that IP.
No app that tries to contact that IP will be able to.

https://noroot-firewall.en.uptodown.com/android
Thanks for that tip. I seem to have shut it down. Unfortunately there seems to be a tie-up between the call-out and the clock function and now the clock is weird. No matter. The phone must go. But at least this way I can take my time over the decision.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Thanks for that tip. I seem to have shut it down. Unfortunately there seems to be a tie-up between the call-out and the clock function and now the clock is weird. No matter. The phone must go. But at least this way I can take my time over the decision.

OK that confirms what I initially thought. The phone is trying to ping this server in China for data, but as the server was shut down, and that's why it's showing that message. Of course don't expect any fixes from unknown manufacturer, who's probably long since out of business.

Upvote 0

Hi @James Brown60. Are you having the same problem? If so, is your phone an LeTV2? I haven't done the firewall suggestion yet, I looked at it earlier and am going to give it a go later. You say it cured it but your clock has gone strange - does that stop any apps working?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the insight, I got exactly the same problem with my LeTVX626 phone, also starting last Tuesday. Not tried any of the possible fixes yet.

LeTV are long out of the device business, and their servers are now shut down.

FWIW I finally stopped using China phones last month, and now have a shiny new Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra. :) BTW I am in China, and can read Chinese. :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FWIW I finally stopped using China phones last month, and now have a shiny new Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra. :) BTW I am in China, and can read Chinese. :thumbsupdroid:

Hi,. The reason my last 2 phones have been China phones is the price. I would love a shiny new Samsung but unfortunately the prices are out of my range at the moment. My first Cubot phone was £45 and this LeTV was about £80. Each one has lasted approx 4 years, and I batter phones playing games. My OH still uses a Cubot phone he bought about 7 years ago and it is fine.

I haven't got a clue what to go for this time, maybe second hand reconditioned as I never tried that.

Upvote 0
I've always had a feeling that my Chinese phone is spying on me, and got that kind of confirmed now. ;) Well, a bit more seriously speaking I dont yet know the purpose of this more or less constant connection to this Chinese server. I guess that at least a temporary solution when I don't want to be disturbed is closing WiFi and mobile data - but that is of course closing me from all net activity. Speaking about other phone alternatives, could also a "raw" Chinese phone get these kind of problems (a phone only with the basic Android OS, with no alterations of it or add ons by the manufacturer)?

Reactions: Rio Rita
Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem since a few days ago. I have a Leeco x562. Unfortunately I can't effort a new cellphone... So I will appreciate any possible solution. (I'll try what you are commenting here).

It looks like it is just Le phones. I was going to try the firewall idea but
I've always had a feeling that my Chinese phone is spying on me, and got that kind of confirmed now. ;) Well, a bit more seriously speaking I dont yet know the purpose of this more or less constant connection to this Chinese server. I guess that at least a temporary solution when I don't want to be disturbed is closing WiFi and mobile data - but that is of course closing me from all net activity. Speaking about other phone alternatives, could also a "raw" Chinese phone get these kind of problems (a phone only with the basic Android OS, with no alterations of it or add ons by the manufacturer)?

I have a friend with a DJI drone who is convinced it is spying on him, so you are probably right. I don't have a clue what info is being sent, but some kind of conversation has been going on without our knowledge

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

I was very grateful for your ability to read Chinese, without your input I still wouldn't have a clue what it was!

Upvote 0
Thanks, I had a quick look and they sound very promising

Reading some of your other responses, Tracker Control would let you know exactly what connections are being made, and allow you to block them individually.

It also can tell you approximately (which countries) your info is being in contact with.

It is not real difficult to use, but it can take a bit to be able to use your device efficiently again, especially if you block too much- which is very tempting to do, because you now have that option.

It is quite simple to make a device fairly non-functional untill you unblock exactly what is required to work, or give up and turn the whole thing off, lol.

Anyway, you can also use the built in ad-blocker, and it is the same ad-blocker as is used on NetGuard.

But NoRoot gives immediate results, with very little setting up- and is extremely simple.

There is also a log.

The log is behind a paywall on NetGuard.

Reactions: Rio Rita and mikedt
Upvote 0
It looks like it is just Le phones. I was going to try the firewall idea but

Le exited the smart-phone business about 4 years ago now, but looks like recently that their servers went off-line. I know the Le company went through some financial irregularities. and now just operates as a portal and streaming service for China only.

I have a friend with a DJI drone who is convinced it is spying on him, so you are probably right. I don't have a clue what info is being sent, but some kind of conversation has been going on without our knowledge

I'm quite sure it won't secretly be phoning home the videos back to Beijing. :) However DJI will very likely have remote telemetry going on with their drones, things like usage stats and performance data, which one agrees to when the EULA boxes are checked in the DJI apps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones