1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Inspire 4G and the mythical DLNA streaming

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shawn1224, Feb 22, 2011.

1. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Houston, TX
    Okay I don't have a DLNA HDTV but any 'DLNA certified' device should able to share or access media on the the PS3 and XBox 360, right? ... or am I missing something here.

I found this nice tidbit on HTC's site but I still haven't been able to stream my media content through my xbox slim. Now it did locate my DirectV HD DVR but it just reads the files that I have saved in my queue.

HTC Inspire? 4G at AT&T

Has anyone else been able to stream their media files without using a 3rd party app? ... and yes I've used twonky in the past but would prefer not to

Advertisement

2. stancrazy

stancrazy Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Havent tried it but im getting one of these so i can take it any where and use it wit ANY TV.

The guy at the AT&T store showed me the price list....it was down for only $49.00 bucks...

HTC Media Link DLNA streamer review -- Engadget

Some where there is a british review showing it streaming youtubes and even full length movies.... I am having trouble finding much info about the stateside version though.

3. KenG10

KenG10 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 11, 2011
    Whoa, our phones are supposed to have build in DLNA to stream to other devices? No way. I would love to see this work natively. I was able to stream media from my computer using the Windows 7 device shares, but to stream phone to my PS3 would be awesome!

4. rewd

rewd Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    That looks interesting! I cancelled my cable Tv service and have been thinking about getting one of those Roku units for $80 to stream netflix and hulu plus. I wonder if I can skip the roku and wait for this and the huluplus/netflix apps to come out for android and stream those two services in HD using that device?

5. stancrazy

stancrazy Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Ill do you one better than that. Check out samsung blu-ray players that have the built in netflix app. You can use your account on 3 or 4 devices at once witout breaking any rules...

Lets just say..my girl friend has not paid for cable in 3 months and we have plenty to watch at her house from SGU to lost to family guy, to monk to movies etc etc. The only things we miss are the history channel and food network when we are there....

I have the same idea for my phone with the media port..except ill be taking that to hotel rooms with me (if they get netflix and if this thing lets you stream netflix to other tvs...)

6. ttusomeone

ttusomeone Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I wasn't able to get DLNA streaming to my PS3 to work using a native app, but I downloaded Skifta and was able to get it to work. Once activated, I could browse the songs, videos, and pictures on my phone using the PS3 controls.

7. roush611

roush611 Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    I am running into this problem with my ps3 as well. It is really annoying that I have to download a 3rd party app such as skifta. Although with skifta I keep getting an error message when I try and access my videos. Everything else works fine...

8. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Philly
    Twonky works, but it's real choppy.

9. PSXBatou

PSXBatou Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    California & Tokyo
    I can stream from PS3 Media Server or my EMC NAS device (uses DLNA) to my phone with no issues. I haven't tried to stream from my phone to another device such as my PS3, but I assumed it had a DLNA client installed, not server.

10. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    Older topic I know, but if anyone hasn't tried yet - I was very easily able to stream from my Inspire4G to my WDTV Live Hub. I haven't tried it on my PS3 or 360 yet. It was painless and didn't require any setup. I just turned the WDTV Live Hub on and my phone was already on WiFi on the network with my Hub and I just used the Connected Media app on the phone and streamed it to the Hub. The Hub then just displayed everything on the TV - I didn't even touch anything on the Hub other than turning it on. I need to check to see if it's that easy with the PS3 or 360.

11. roush611

roush611 Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Any updates on this issue?

12. Inspire4

Inspire4 Well-Known Member
    None

May 7, 2011
    I was searching to see if I'm the only one who was having a problem streaming to PS3 and it seems so. I've always disliked DLNA and UPnP for that matter. I downloaded the trial of Twonky and on the first try got it streaming a full movie without any choppiness or buffering to my Apple TV 2. I take it that it's doing this over DAAP which has actually always worked for me which is totally different from my experiences with DLNA.