1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Inspire 4G.. auto suggest.. and hate for AT&T

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whatttup_G, Sep 1, 2011.

1. whatttup_G

whatttup_G Lurker

found the fix for the cripple setting that kept me from loading non market apps... AKA sideloading... love the forum, learned alot already

issue i have is the auto correct, or is it the predictive spell check thingy... i dont know, but its not the custom dictionary that i finally also found, thanks to others... this is the little scroll bar that offers suggestions when you type... you start typing 'west...' or something like that, it offers choices like 'westminister' in green... you all know what i mean now.

What chaps me to no end is the stupid thing is supposed to learn, and it doesn't for me on this... i use the 'word' I'd all the time, not sure why, but i am always typing id when i talk... well this wants to replace 'id' with 'is' and honestly i hit send before i notice, and that really pisses me off

worse, is the correct 'I'd' appears, but not in green.. i have long pressed it, and i get 'is' every time... can someone else try this on your inspire please, im all ticked over this stupid behavior

please/thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast

I just got my Inspire today and it came allowing sideloading. Try updating to Gingerbread.

3. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast

Try using swiftkey, or just try out other keyboards. I love swiftkey personally; I know for a fact that it corrects id to I'd. You still gotta capitalize it yourself though. What I live most about it though is that you can delete any word you want from the dictionary, even real words.

4. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

Yeah, try Swiftkey. It's the best.

5. whatttup_G

whatttup_G Lurker

yeah, thanks for the suggestion, but the missing capital would be as lame as the wrong spelling.. to me, if its going to correct it, it might as well be correct

obviously i do not normally take the time for proper caps or periods, but my spellchecker can so.. anyways, it seems extremely lame that something this stupid cant be changed/fixed/customized

6. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

To me swiftkey prediction seems to be way better than the stock keyboard. Once you type it the way you want swiftkey learns it and the next time you type it it can auto correct. It did it for me when I typed I'd and corrected it to I'd the next time i typed id it came up with the correction to I'd in the word prediction right in the center.

7. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast

I think it learns only if you press the green suggestion.

8. whatttup_G

whatttup_G Lurker

Yeah I tried that, and anything else I could think of... No luck.. just put 2.3.3 on and I'd hope that I'd see a change but is is what I still get... Oh well I guess.

Weak