1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Inspire 4G Boot Loop problem from Cyanogen mod 7. Something

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheUsualChoice, Sep 13, 2011.

1. TheUsualChoice

None

Sep 13, 2011
    I had already rooted my phone and had it on S-ON. I tried to do this directly from my phone and when I did, the spiny new logo popped up when I booted it and its been like this ever since. PLEASE HELP! :thinking:

Advertisement

2. csoto2010

csoto2010 Member
    None

Dec 3, 2010
    Information Systems
    Ok if it is stuck at the logo, pull the battery out and then place it back in. Hold the volume down button, then while holding press the power button and release the power button while still holding the volume down button. This will bring you into recovery mode and you can do a factory reset right from there. Any questions, just ask.

3. TheUsualChoice

None

Sep 13, 2011
    Thanks dude. I also wantes to ask how do you unroot inspire 4g? Ive already tried the ruu method and it keeps on saying error 171. Please help me. Im just starting to get into this android stuff. I used to have an iphone. It was much easier. Lo

4. csoto2010

csoto2010 Member
    None

Dec 3, 2010
    Information Systems
    To get back to stock you want to use the Ace Hack Kit. This is a very simple process and if you have any questions just ask. I and many other users are more than willing to help. (FYI to give you my background I am an IT guy who is also a phone geek as my wife calls me) Please follow this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17463441&postcount=1588

Just scroll down to where it says download and download the ace 12.3 zip, extract it and you will see the manual. Just open it up and it gives you step by step instructions. Just make sure your phone is in usb debugging mode as this is the only way your phone is seen, and that you start the ace cmd as an administrator. Really all your doing is selecting a menu option as a number and hitting enter and the kit does the rest while you wait. Please note it will restart your phone and do various things but when it has completed it will always tell you in the command prompt so there is no confusion.

TheUsualChoice likes this.
  5. TheUsualChoice

None

Sep 13, 2011
    Can you show me a video on how to do this please? haha I have no idea what i'm doing.

6. csoto2010

csoto2010 Member
    None

Dec 3, 2010
    Information Systems
    I briefly checked and could not find a video to show you how. I am afraid I don't have the time to create one either as I am a husband and father. I am sure that in time one will be created, your only other option is to download the file, read the manual and after reading bring your phone back to stock. Have you at least read the manual?