1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Inspire after the Atrix.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jtorral, Feb 28, 2011.

1. jtorral

jtorral Newbie
    None

Mar 2, 2010
    Well,I tried the Atrix for a few days However, the small fonts and icons were too much of a problem for me. I tried the different launchers and icon sets but nothing went smooth. I did not care for the feel of the screen or the overall plastic feel. It's just a personal preference for me that I like heavier more solid phones.

In the end, I chose the HTC inspire and absolutely love it. It's is not dual core nor does it have a front facing camera. But, I can clearly see the display, feels solid and well built and the call quality is superb. Oh, no Blur either :) The HTC sense is very nice and refined. I figure for what I use the phone, I really don't need the extra horse power.

Advertisement

2. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    Very cool and also with overclocked kernels this phone is rocking 3000 quadrant scores if you need the extra horsepower ;)

Breakout98 likes this.
  3. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    SouthEast
    3000? Thats nearly what the Tegra II gets when OC to 1,5ghz.

Of course, i don't think i could stand the battery on the inspire if overclocked...lol

4. Blazablaz

Blazablaz Newbie
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    +2 Just got mine today. I did like the Atrix but everyday since release I've been back at the Atnt Store to check out the Inspire. I just love the phone... the screen is so inviting and it just fits me better for my needs. The real nail in the coffin was when i was doing the switch with the Atnt rep, i felt no remorse or anxiety while doing the exchange. It just felt right. :) The Atrix is a nice phone but just not my cup of soda:D

5. LittleAnt

LittleAnt Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Aerospace Engineer
    Los Angeles, CA
    Do tell how to run the speed test on Android phones. Is this an app we can download? Can we expect our results to vary?

6. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

Actually there reporting not bad battery

7. Czarcat

Czarcat Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    IT Manager
    The Inspire is a great device. I use the Atrix as my daily phone for various reasons, but, I have to admit I REALLY enjoy grabbing the Inspire when I get home. I keep them both in Otterboxes so there is no more quality feel to one over the other. However, I enjoy the 4.3" screen of the Inspire tremendously.

8. Allenfx

None

Jan 6, 2011
    SouthEast
    I am a news junkie and. Between the 4.3 inch screen, the htc rss news feeder, and android being flash capable....i could not have picked a better phone. I do however kill the battery pretty darn fast reading all those web based news articles and watching all those cnn news clips.

The larger screen works great for docs to go and i can do my expense reports on the run..(again, a win for the larger screen).

I am also enjoying the friendstream app/automatic linking to the address book although thats taking a bit getting used to.

Setting up a family calander that will auto-synch between mine and my girl friends phone is still on the to do list but im confident that will be a great feature as well.

I also like all of the HTC skins...my phone has a different look almost every day of the week.

Have yet to try out the GPs feature though.

This phone does drop the Pandora signal MUCH MORE than my iphone 3gs did..maybe it will be improved with an app update...

Flashlight..yes i use this feature all the time (very handy over the iphone) as well as the 8mp camera is really starting to shine now that i am getting better with it.

9. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    This one (Quadrant Standard)

Quadrant scores for stock Inspire's should be generally consistent (somewhere in the vicinity of 1600 or so).

10. Allenfx

None

Jan 6, 2011
    SouthEast

Every time i have ran it i have gotten 1726, i saw this remark, ran it again and it had dropped to 1680.

I disabled wi-fi/gps/blutooth and Auto-sync and got 1849

Have seen as high as 1976 without overclocking.

With oveclocking i have seen it well over 3400 (in the thread on this page entitled "Atrix vs inspire" or something similiar.

11. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    Female
    Oregon
    I did the same thing and completely agree!

12. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    That was with the processor overclocked to 1.8Ghz. I don't keep it that high all the time. I keep it around 1.3Ghz and still get great battery life. At 1.3Ghz I get around 2400 on Quadrant.

13. Rockinfigs

Rockinfigs Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    ok first off im a tech head..i switch phones every 3-4 months or whenever new one comes out..i do extensive reviews and read up on each phone on the net. just wanted to give you guys my experience with both phones..i bought the atrix when it first came out just because of the hardware specs. well my first atrix got hot and the battery didnt last long at all. also motoblur was slow and lagged. Even with launcherpro i experienced some lag which was annoying since this device was suppose to be the super fast duo core monster. Well i beg to differ..not fast at all. So i returned my first atrix and got a new one.. This one seemed ok..it didnt heat up and the battery was alot better..but still the lag was there. especially when using pinch to zoom on my first and second atrix. So today i got sick of the duo core lag and got the inspire..Ive always liked htc phones and the inspire is built nice..very nice..yeah the screen res is not quite there but neither was the atrix..The one thing i want to say about the inspire is its fast..no lag whatsoever..i mean its night and day from the atrix. There are few things i liked about the atrix like the speakers..that thing was loud but i figured the inspire would be horrible with all the bad reviews about the speaker..but its not too bad..its not great but i dont mind it at all. Anyways just wanted to give u my experience on the atrix..its all hype..i mean its a good phone but not the best phone people have been talkin about. So im happy with my inspire and will keep it until something else comes out:)

14. Czarcat

None

Aug 2, 2010
    IT Manager
    @Rockinfigs
    Please don't take me wrong. I totally agree with you that the Inspire a fantastic phone and is very fast. There is so much to enjoy with it. I love mine.

But, I also own an Atrix and I'm just curious about the issues you had with speed. I know the Atrix has it's own set of issues as every phone does yet I can't count speed (or lack thereof) among them.

I use Launcher Pro and the transition from home screen to home screen is every bit as fast as my Inspire. It couldn't be faster unless it read my mind and changed before I touched it. ;)

I also have no issues with pinch to zoom. I assume you are using the stock browser as am I. I find the Inspire to be slightly smoother for zooming and panning. It's no faster just smoother.

My observations are formed with both phones in hand and I just don't see the same thing in regards to speed. Maybe, you can point out some specific areas. Thanks!

15. kb58

kb58 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 31, 2010
    Yeah I have to wonder about even going there - probably to say that you did. It's like dropping 800 hp into your Honda and complaining it get's bad mileage. Well, yeah.

16. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Houston, TX
    The new Android Revolution Gingerbread Rom has excellent battery life.

17. Rockinfigs

Rockinfigs Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    well mine lagged when opening apps especially the browser, and some apps while closing.. but the pinch to zoom on photo gallery and the web was horrible..inspire is soo much smoother..and the camera i think is better on the inspire..not sure if i got bad units on both atrixs is got but they had the same problems ...more problems on the first device. i just figured with the dual core the phone would fly but not what i expectecd..the inspire is much smoother. But aparently im not the only one..there are about 3-4 threads on how slow the atrix is. but maybe again i got a bad phone.

18. Czarcat

None

Aug 2, 2010
    IT Manager
    Thanks for the follow up. Like I said, I was just curious because I also see many similar reports of slow Atrix's.

I just don't see that behavior though. Since I have both the Atrix and Inspire, I can compare side by side and I just don't see it.

Thanks again! Glad you are enjoying the Inspire though.

19. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    Title Insurance Underwriter
    Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast!
    My Inspire is being delivered today. I'll post observations later. I'm going to run stock for a week or so, until I get a handle on *this* breed of Android phone. Should be fun!

-Mike

20. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Philly
    Why does it say Banned under Andrea's name? What did he do?

21. ultradroid

ultradroid So many android phones...
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    Title Insurance Underwriter
    Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast!
    Nothing but a quick observation: Beautiful phone (it arrived), but the battery compartment and the little door that covers the sim cards are almost *impossible* to remove. After watching an un-boxing video on YouTube, I got the hang of it and installed the battery and sim card (micro SD card was pre-installed) and now it's charging. [​IMG]

-Mike

KBent likes this.
  22. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    I'm wondering the same thing...

23. Allenfx

None

Jan 6, 2011
    SouthEast
    I hope he didnt get banned for wanting to start his own review site??

Is that a TOS vioation here?

Well i was banned for a week myself but i never really left (stancrazy) after falling for some troll bait. Lets hope to see him back soon!

Allen

24. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    CenCal
    For those who have both is the inspire pictures better than the atrix? I find my atrix pictures well...... lacking. I know indoors is tough but i have a new born and its importantto me to get decent pics.... i came from a 3gs and that took better pics...

25. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    I got into a fight with tylerdurdin because he rags on the inspire and.brags about the atrix. Yet he's never handled or owned either so I said something and got banned