1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Inspire is now a FREE phone :O

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by punchypunch, May 23, 2011.

1. punchypunch

punchypunch Lurker

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert

Best buy has it for free as well

3. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert

After working in the cell business for a while, I can tell you how this is shaking out.

There are 2 ways to buy phones and services for most carriers.

1. Corporate Stores where all prices and strategies are set and cannot be changed per individual store.

2. Vendor Resellers where they buy devices (without much of a discount) from the carriers. They do not get much, if any discount. Since they own and bought them, they are now able to set prices to whatever they want. Even Free.

What they are banking on is the deal will attract new and renew customers to their store to start or upgrade their services with them. They get a part of every monthly bill for the duration of that contract.

Some limitations come from the Vendors.

1. They cannot upgrade you early or "cheat" in any way, the system is set up to not allow it.

2. They cannot always modify things on accounts that corporate stores can. Things like, if you upgrade with one of them and they put you on a new data plan and you are currently on and unlimited, they have limited option on what they can do, and so forth.

There are some trade-offs for going to a vendor or reseller, Some times you can get a great deal, other times, you end up not getting the best deal as you had hoped.

Just read the fine print.

4. blazeplacid

blazeplacid Well-Known Member

some people dont want or need email or web all the time

would you pay $30 a month for something you dont use?

5. StandingCow

StandingCow Member

Dumbphones are also good for not needing to recharge every day (sometimes twice). They can go almost a week depending on use.

6. Inspire4

Inspire4 Well-Known Member

Why would you not pay $1 a day to have access to email, web, weather, GPS, etc, etc? I guess there is a market for the Jitterbug though.

7. spoiler61

spoiler61 Newbie

You dont have to pay $30, you can always go with the $15 plan works for me, since Im always connected to wifi..

8. KDiehl

KDiehl Lurker

FYI: The inspire is no longer free at Best Buy ($79.99) and still $69.99 at Amazon with a family plan contract extension . I think it was only free on Amazon last week with a new contract. That's why I bought from Best Buy! My Inspire arrives today!

9. kangarooant

kangarooant Member

i got my phone for free from att a week or so ago. in the mall at bestbuy mobile they had it posted for free. i went back to att and had them price match it. plus he gave me a case for $20 which was $35. i was really pleased.

10. kangarooant

kangarooant Member

wifi is the shit hehe.

11. blackship

blackship Lurker

Agree, without anywhere connectivity, what's the point?