• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Inspire+Macbook Compatibility

I have decided that the Inspire is going to be my first smart phone. I have been curious about the Inspire from CES and this forum has been where i get my daily information. I am wondering how well my music, contacts, and calendar from my macbook pro are going to sync with this phone. Will their be any changing of format for my music?

I have had a G1 and a Nexus one synced perfectly on my MBP. I have my contacts in my address book (on the mac) synced with Gmail along with my calendar and email. I haven't had to change any of my music formats, and my iTunes DL'ed music works fine too. I imagine it'll be just as smooth on the Inspire.

Upvote 0
Andrea
I have a MBP also, and was able to set the Address Book preferences to sync with Google. Launch Address Book, select preferences from Address Book menu, select the "Account" button, then select Sync with Google, and click the configure button. enter your account info and watch the contacts get loaded to google. You can find them while logged into Gmail, Contacts. The format should be the same as it was for mine. Good luck

aaron:D

Upvote 0
Andrea
I have a MBP also, and was able to set the Address Book preferences to sync with Google. Launch Address Book, select preferences from Address Book menu, select the "Account" button, then select Sync with Google, and click the configure button. enter your account info and watch the contacts get loaded to google. You can find them while logged into Gmail, Contacts. The format should be the same as it was for mine. Good luck

aaron:D

Yep that's how I did mine. Google works great with macs.

Upvote 0
Yep that's how I did mine. Google works great with macs.

+1

Even though I don't use mine as a _primary_ smartphone with my 2010 MBP, I did set it up, just in case.

I'm a multi-platformist, so I use a lot of devices.

My two main combos are:

ThinkPad W510 i7, 8GB, 256GB Vertex 2 SSD equipped Workstation + Android Inspire / Droid X / Captivate

15" hi-res antiglare MacBook Pro i7, 8GB, 256GB Vertex 2 SSD equipped + iPhone 4

As well as being required for work, it keeps me up to speed on both sides of the PC and Mac platforms.

Upvote 0
if i do the settings as mentioned above to sync my address book to my google contacts, if i make a change in google contacts, will that automatically change in my address book on my mac? do they sync both ways automatically? cause right now, i used a third party app (spanning sync) to sync my address book and google contacts and sync my htc inspire to google. if this method will do away with using a third party app, that would be great.

however, i also have an iphone 4 in addition to my htc inspire. my iphone 4 is configured with my mac using mobileme so my address book and calendar are always synced on both devices. if i tick off the box 'sync with google contacts', will that mess up the communication with my iphone, mobileme, and mac? will it create double contacts?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones