1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Inspire questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HeavyArms504, Feb 20, 2011.

1. HeavyArms504

HeavyArms504 Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Hello all, this is my first phandroid post. I am a long time viewer and i figured since i bought a high end android phone, id ask some questions about it. So far ive had the phone for about a day and it is awesome, great being back to android after coming from samsung captivate to iphone 4. I love the customizability. Ok well long story short,

1. Having an iphone to me was really big due to the netflix ability, when at school i have a lot of breaks in my day. So i was wondering if this new "playon" app would allow me to see netflix in good quality, and if not i know the inspire has 2.2 which gives me flash, anyone know any websites to watch websites?

2. I have seen the notification light go orange and green, for charging and texts, is there any application that would let me change colors for instance like blue for missed calls or yellow for email.

3. When having a captivate, swype was awesome, it allowed me to do speedy texts with one hand. Is there anyway to get swype on my inspire?

If you guys could please give me some info on these questions, it would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Advertisement

2. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    Netflix has been confirmed on its way, but only for the newer gen Snapdragons and Hummingbirds. So I believe the Inspire is one of those unless they meant third gen...

As of right now, those are the only Colors you can get. Maybe after rooting you can change it, but its up to the capabilities of the actual LED. And I think its a tri-colored led.

And there is a way, the thread is a available on Android Central, the Inspire forum. It's not terribly hard, but you have to run commands on your comouter. On a scale of 1-10th, is say a 4 or 5 cause it was my first time using AC-SAM and Terminal functions.

(id give you links to all 3 questions, but I'm thing this on m inspire while watching the All Star game lol)

3. HeavyArms504

HeavyArms504 Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    hey thanks a lot man, appreciate it, I read news that netflix would be available on 2nd gen snapdragons, but i wasnt sure that the inspire was one of those. Because, excuse my ignorance on smart phones, that the inspire had a 1ghz snapdragon 8255? and the thunderbolt and revolution had a 8655 and the revolution was already shown to run netflix. does this still mean the inspire can render netflix?

4. antioch216

None

Feb 4, 2011
    I'm thing to rack my brain on where I read it, but I think the requirements are: 1 ghz processor, 512 RAM, and a certain screen that I think is 4". I'm thinking that was either a Engaged or Gizmodo article. In a couple minutes ill try to post all the links

5. antioch216

None

Feb 4, 2011
    Netflix:

Confirmed: Netflix App Available Exclusively On Future Qualcomm-Based Smartphones, Starting With The LG Revolution | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

So, this kind of makes it sound like it won't be available for us...idk

LED:

DHD LED - Tri-colour Confirmed - xda-developers

Haven't read that thread, but should answer/help. I'm pretty positive a root will allow any color, just like the Nexus One's trackball can do.

Swype:

[Guide] Installing Swype Beta on HTC Inspire 4G - Android Forums

Fairly easy, he explains everything. I did ti today, so you can message me if there are any questions or complications. I'll try my best to help out

6. stancrazy

stancrazy Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    The inspire runs the second generation snapdragon so if that's what you heard you are still good to go.

7. HeavyArms504

HeavyArms504 Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    thanks guys, i appreciate it a lot

8. HeavyArms504

HeavyArms504 Newbie
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    if someone knows the answer if the inspire's 2nd gen snapdragon will support netflix, would be awesome, thanks guys

9. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

I'm gonna say most def

10. antioch216

None

Feb 4, 2011