1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Inspire Sim-Swap with current SIM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MJBarnes, Feb 11, 2011.

1. MJBarnes

MJBarnes Newbie

I am eligible for an early upgrade from a device that uses the smart phone unlimited. If I do an early upgrade ($200 extra, $300 total), will I be able to continue to swap my SIM between devices?

I have heard that I will need a new 4G SIM for the Inspire. If that is true, will I still be able to use this new 4G SIM backwards in to 3G devices?

Thanks much.

Obviously, lie many of you, I dont want to lose the advantage of GSM devices and that is the ability to simply swap my sim to whatever phone matches my outfit of the day : )

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Yaken

Yaken Member

I think the sim will be backwards compatible. A 3g sim card works in a 2g phone. So I would THINK so but not sure. Dang, I was going to find this out at work today, but before I could ask we started talking about how Miley Cyrus turned 18....

3. MJBarnes

MJBarnes Newbie

Priorities, Priorities. I guess when you are 40+, Miley Cyrus turning 18 doesnt hold as much value or hope.

Anyone else?

Thanks again.

4. Yaken

Yaken Member

It was kind of a joke. Read the rest of my post though. Like I said I can say with about 95% certainty that it will work.

5. Oridus

Oridus Android Enthusiast

Yes, backwards compatible.

6. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member

All you young whipper snappers in here! Ain't Miley Cyrus that nice little boy on TV who played Webster? LOL!!

I have to know about Miley... my 7 year old daughter wants everything that has a hannah montana sticker on it.

7. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast

It's my understanding the sim is indeed backward compatible.

8. MJBarnes

MJBarnes Newbie

To add another wrinkle.. The line I am going to do my early upgrade on has the Blackberry Enterprise Unlimited Data plan ($45). I am hoping they will not force me to change that plan and they will activate the new 4G SIM with the same BB Enterprise plan so that I can use in my current devices?

Thanks.

9. alphahere

alphahere Lurker

Where you able to do this because I would like to the same thing. I called AT&T and they said that I could not use an inspire on a blackberry plan. Whatever.

10. MJBarnes

MJBarnes Newbie

Yes I was. They told me over and over again that I could not and I would need to swap to a different plan. I was able to convince him that once I got home if it did not work, I would call and swap plans.

Since we are not on a true 4G yet, it still uses the CINGULARWAP.COM APN. Blackberry uses that as well for data. So all is good.

Hope this helps.

11. alphahere

alphahere Lurker

Great News! Did you pay full price or did you get a two year contract? Thanks for the response.