1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Inspire wont turn on?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iskortch, May 20, 2011.

1. iskortch

iskortch Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    So, I turn off my Inspire to removed my CaseMate Tough case to clean it. About an hour or two later, once I remembered I left my Inspire off, I go to turn it back and on and... nothing. It wont turn on. I do a battery pull - nothing. I plug the charger in - nothing. I do a few more battery pulls - nothing.

I go to my local AT&T store. The kid tries plugging in his USB cable - nothing. Then he instructs me to call the Warranty Dept.

So, I call Warranty and they suspect its a dead battery issue. So they're sending me a replacement which should arrive Monday.

Anyone had this issue? Is it, in fact, a dead battery issue?

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    i havent had this problem on any inspire i got (i have 3) but i did have a battery problem on my captivate. i would charge it, it would say 100% after a couple hours but once i unplugged it it would drop to 26% then a few minutes later be dead. att sent me a new battery and that didnt happen again. so hopefully the new battery fixes your problem.

3. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Chicago
    It's probably a dead battery. I had something similar, however HTC just sent me a new phone. When you plug in the charger, what does it show. Leave the charger plugged in for a while though.

4. iskortch

Jul 28, 2010
    Charger does nothing. Left it plugged in over night - nothing.

To get the new phone, did you go through AT&T or HTC directly? My fear is AT&T will ship me a refurb phone. I dont want that.

5. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX

You can try HTC maybe they will do a warranty for a new one. Yeah ATT usually does refurb replacements after the 30 day return period.

HTC 1-888-716-3594

6. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Chicago
    Clarification - I bought it from Costco wireless online. So they just sent me a new one. Have you tried a different charger/cable?

7. iskortch

Jul 28, 2010
    I'm hoping its just the battery. I called HTC and their first question was "have you tried a new batter?". New battery wont be here until Monday. I asked HTC what happens if the new battery doesnt fix it, and he replied I can ship to them and they can repair it.... Like I said, my fear is AT&T will send me a refurb.

I dont have another cable to test the charger.

Keeping my fingers crossed its just a bad battery.

8. iskortch

Jul 28, 2010
    So, new battery did nothing (as I suspected it wouldnt). AT&T shipped me a refurb phone which looked new. No scratches, etc. Looks fresh. So I am happy. No idea what happened to the old one

9. Oldpappy

Oldpappy New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    So the answer to the many various problems boils down to... getting a new one all the time when they break?! Quietly retarted. It can be quite a pain in the a$$ going and getting the phone, waiting, re-installing everything over and over again every time this thing breaks. I have 2 of them and they both are possesed by the devil. Pieces of expensive junk.