• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help inspired 4G never connects on H, even after root

inspiredNOT

Lurker
Apr 25, 2011
I've got an unlocked inspire 4g from at&t, to use abroad (i am living in france). while in france i have noticed that the connection symbol is always E or G, never H, although a friend who has a shitty HTC wildfire is always on H, same network, same spot.

Thinking it is an at&t bug i rooted the phone and installed a custom ROM (TPC_Inspire4g_stock_optimized_v2). all went well, except the connection did not change - it still only shows either G or E and it is massively slower than the mentioned Wildfire.

what's going on?

by the way, i played with the *#*#4636#*#* code and changed between all available network types there, still couldn't get the damn thing to get H.

my fancy, expensive phone is humilated by a small, cheap shitty wildfire. hell, there's a guy with an xperia mini right here who gets H and is about 10X faster than me on the same network.

help?

Upvote 0
Why didin't you get the Desire HD? It's literally the exact same thing as the Inspire 4G but for our European counterparts.

i should have, in retrospect. i thought they were the exact same thing and i got it while in the US.

well, anyone in the US interested to swap a Desire HD for a Inspire 4G running LeeDroid's finest? It's been to france as well.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones