• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Instagram and Facebook Questions

craiigman

Lurker
May 5, 2012
I got my Galaxy Note on tuesday, been playing around with it for a few days. But since downloading Facebook my contacts have messed up. So I restored it to factory settings.

Since relaunching when I try and download Instagram it says it's incompatible, yet I had it before I restored and there is no update for my phone, when I done it first time or now. I'm on 2.3.6.

Also before I log in to Facebook again, is there a way to get it not to mess with my contacts? I don't just mean under contacts, I mean under when you try to add a recipient to a text, I don't want it to list all my Facebook friends, contacts on my phone and contacts on my sim.

I've also had a few crashes for no apparent reason and on reload no error message?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones