• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Instagram Dark Mode: How To Enable for Android

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Dark theme enthusiasts who go hard on Insta have been complaining for a LONG time about the lack of an Instagram Night Mode for the longest of times. Without official support, many were left using workarounds such as using a web browser to force dark mode with a home screen shortcut.

The wait is over- Instagram now has official support for Dark Mode and you can enable it with these steps:
    1. Update your device to Android 10
    2. Go to Settings > Display > Advanced
    3. Select "Dark" from the Device Theme Menu
    4. Open Instagram
    You're all set!

If you don't have Android 10 you'll have to either resort to the workaround or buy an Android 10 enabled device of which there are plenty!

Reactions: ocnbrze
    smiley duh.png

Upvote 0
    First off, there wasn't a question asked, stupid or otherwise.
    My reaction was to step 1. Upgrade for my LG V40 isn't scheduled until 4th quarter, 2020.

And *in general* 'there are no stupid questions' is a saying, a motto if you will. And if you had a specific reaction to something cool, but with a "Well Duh" pic being the only thing posted it wasn't obvious. Plus, someone could be asking 'how to do this' which this post would *answer*, and that is why I said there is no stupid questions. :)

Reactions: Unforgiven
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones