• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Instagram finally coming to Android

LucyCaboosey

Nov 16, 2011
Has anybody else seen the news that Instagram for android will finally be released at the SXSW conference this weekend? What do you all make of it?

I know it's one of the few apps that android users have been absolutely dying to get their hands on since it was released on the iPhone.

I've seen instagram on a friend's iphone and I don't see the hype to be honest. There a numerous apps that can add a filter and make it look like a Polaroid pic. Am I missing something? Each to their own though.
Still glad it's coming to android so the isheep can't moan android doesn't have instagram like someone said to me once.

Upvote 0
I read that a date might be given of when it comes out because the CEO of Instagram is supposed to be at that convention but I doubt it's coming out this weekend. Hopefully I'm wrong because I love Instagram on my iPod! It's not really the filters that makes Instagram great, but the sharing. All my friends have iPhones so they all have Instagram and I'm stuck posting photos on my Lightbox.

Upvote 0
Instagram isn't about the filters. Its about the sharing, so if you aren't sharing the pictures to social networks and to a website where others can see, there's no point to it. Its supposed to be a picture blogsite. Lightbox is kind of the closest thing there is to instagram. Visit the Lightbox or Instagram websites to see the "sharing". Its not really about sharing to Facebook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones