• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Instagram (or other apps) keeps stopping

J S Machine

Jul 28, 2010
A while back, before I did an update on my phone, I had this issue with Twitter. I never use twitter, but I had logged into it and was reading a little for the first time in years. All the sudden it just quit working. It will not start, and even when Twitter is no where in sight I get these random messages popping up across my screen telling me it has stopped. Never really paid it much attention because I wasn't worried about it.

So I did the same thing with Instagram a few days ago. Started actually reading it and interacting with people and all the sudden it will not start. It is doing the same random popup images. It says Instagram has stopped and gives the option to either close or send feedback.

I did n update on my phone - which i had been putting off forever, from 6.0.1 to 7.0 thinking it would fix this but it did not.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones