• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Instaling mobile USB driver

Marktwo

May 21, 2016
Hi,

From
http://www.tothemobile.com/guide-install-oneplus-one-usb-drivers-windows#comment-204594
I found step by step for installing Oneplus One mobile usb driver: "Guide to Install OnePlus One USB Drivers on Windows"
The first 3 steps are quite easy to follow and I have done those steps:

Step 1. Install the latest Samsung drivers: SAMSUNG USB Driver v1.5.33.0.
Step 2. Install it like normal applications and restart your computer so that the drivers get installed correctly.
Step 3. After that connect your OnePlus One to your computer and navigate to the Device Manager on your computer.

However, I lost at Step 4:
Step 4. From the device manager, find the Android device, and select Update Driver Software.

In the Device Mamager of my computer (Vista), there if no "Android device"! What I can find are "Other devices -> A0001" and "Portable Devices -> A0001". Can you tell me what I should for step 4?

Thanks a lot for your advice!

(Note, "OnePlus One" is the mobile and "A0001" is display under "Computer" representing this mobile.)

Last edited:
With the device manager open, connect the phone, disconnect the phone, reconnect the phone via USB. "Update driver" for whichever thing appears, disappears, reappears.

I'm a bit surprised because I would have thought that if you installed the OnePlus driver, that your PC would just automatically connect to the phone when you plugged it in via USB.

Upvote 0
Thank you!
I did what you suggested but still cannot find "Android device" in the Device Mamager of my computer!
Actually, when I connect the phone, in my computer, "AutoPlay" window appears as shown in the attached picture. When click "Open device to view files", I can see the files in my phone, and I can copy the files from my phone to my computer.
However, in the Device Mamager of my computer (Vista), there is no "Android device"!

Attachments

• AutoPlay.jpg
    AutoPlay.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks like your phone is being recognized as a mass storage device only. Try putting your phone into debugging mode.

Unplug your phone. Go to menu>settings>about phone and tap 'build number' multiple times until it says you are now a developer (I've read 7 times, but it might require a few more taps ;) ). Then go back to menu>settings and you should no see 'Developer Options'. Open that and enable USB debugging. No plug your phone back in and see if that let's you load the driver.

Upvote 0
Thank you!

I want using Android Studio to develop a simple app. To do this, one way is Android Studio + Android device. In my case, the Android device will be my OnePlus One mobile.
However, my Android Studio does not recognize my OnePlus One mobile.
People said we should install OnePlus One USB driver in computer.
That is why I try to follow
http://www.tothemobile.com/guide-install-oneplus-one-usb-drivers-windows#comment-204594
to install the driver.

Upvote 0
If you plug your phone in and your PC recognizes it as a mass storage device, the you must already have a driver installed. What else are you trying to accomplish?
This is true in that as a mass storage device it will use the generic driver that most mass storage devices use, but the phone won't be recognized as an adb device which is what the op needs.

Try this ... unplug the phone from the PC and make sure USB debugging is enabled. Then reboot your PC and once fully booted plug in your phone to a different USB port (try on on the back of the PC) and see if it's recognized that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones