1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Install App without phone

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Colmss, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi,

yeah... I know my topic sounds stupid but it's just like that: My phone (Atrix) won't be unlocked til next week but I would like to install today's free Amazon App - Trillian... Is there anyway to download it now on my computer and install it later? :)
    For my old Nokia I could always download the install-file and install it later!

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Try going to the amazon website on your pc. Or if you have a friend with an android phone that can download stuff from the appstore sign in to your account on that device get the app then uninstall it and sign out. That way you will have purchased it on you account for free and can install later. If you can't do either of those contact amazon

3. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    I tried the amazon website but I have to download the AppStoreApp first- to my non-working Android device of course :(
    Unfortunately I also don't have a friend with Android at hand... But don't you think the sofware would "stick" to that very phone then? I mean how do they control that I don't install software on all my friends devices?

4. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Male
    Computer Programmer
    Not sure about the Amazon Appstore, but I know the regular Android Market website, if you log in with the same google account as your phone, it basically syncs in a way, and you can install directly from the website, which pushes the download/install to the phone (as long as your phone is in a service area). But it hinges off the account your signed into the website with, so unless you knew your friends' accounts and logins, you wouldn't be able to remote-install apps to their phones.

5. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011