• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

install copilot live 8

Does google nav save a portion of the route n advance just in case you lose connection.
I *think* it stores the entire route (not 100% sure though), if so youre ok as long as youve got access when you start.

Trouble is, what happens if youre stuck in the arse end of nowhere and need to find out where you are? Happened to me twice now when i tried to use google maps to figure out where somewhere was - having your exact location pinpointed by satnav is not really that useful when its pinpointed on a blank map.

Upvote 0
In response to the original question, If you download it from the market it should install like any other app, it will then want to download the maps and this is where it uses the sd card.

I advise that you connect to WiFi when it want to download the maps because it is a big file and might take you over any data allowance that you have. Plus it will be faster.

JPLamb

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones