• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

install drivers for Galaxy s2 via kies problem

samsun

Jul 31, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm having problems with Kies, and drivers for my Galaxy s2.
Kies is installed version 2.02.11071_128
When I connect the phone via the USB cable it charges the phone
Within Kies though it cannot see the phone
When I attempt to install the drivers via Kies it seems to go to 100% but then I get a message in Korean, and only choice I have is to say ok.
I check the mobile device from within Control panel on my Windows 7 laptop and it sees the MTP USB device but with a warning,

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

When I troubleshoot it attempts to re-install the drivers but states afterwards
that there is a problem with the driver.

Is this the only way to install the drivers?
How can i resolve this problem,

thanks

Stevehy,

I tried scanning my computer through device manager but I still can't the phone via kies and am still getting "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" when I check the device.
'

then I right clicked on the MTP device and selected " update driver software" and it found the software this time.
Thanks Stevehy

Upvote 0
every single time I connect my note I have to go through the same procedure, it never ever has the drivers installed even after I've installed them the last time . I'm currently "troubleshooting" which I know will involve the reinstalation of the phone drivers which have dissapeared since the last time I backed it up ....what a palaver

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones