1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root install fails GB gpa12

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kernal dave, Feb 20, 2011.

1. kernal dave

kernal dave Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2009
    hi i am atempting to install G B gpa12, DL.ed from peters site, but am not getting any good result, I've tried both system recovery ways, first way, was restore/back and every time i get status 25, the file is unzipped and in the nandroid folder, this is its 3 main contents; META-INF folder, system folder, and boot.img. second way, was install update.zip, the folder is still zipped, i changed the exestention to update.zip, not updated.zip.zip. then i did the system wipe stock then cashe wipe, i have also tried doing this first w/ the other way too. then run the update install de. this starts of promising but towards the end it stops premuture with about 15%, status bar, remaining, says its done installing then the install zip options reapear but the frozen status bar remains. when i try to reboot it from there i get as far as the droid eye before it goes into a constent loop between "droid" and the eye, this is my first time installing a custom rom, i waited for my warrenty to runout first, it is a first gen, A885 W/ a B#frg83d, thanks in advance KD,

Advertisement

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    did you do a cache wipe first before installing the rom. he cant stress enough wiping your cache.

sorry see you did a cache wipe. THe zip file needs to be in your root directory of your SD card.

3. kernal dave

kernal dave Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2009
    i have, i've done it before i tried each way

4. kernal dave

kernal dave Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2009
    i followed the steps and flashed my recovery from sp recovery, to clockworks, and this time it worked, thanks for the help, one me Q. if you dont mind, if i want to install the kernel he recommends, do i go threw the same steps, except the system wipe restock

5. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    yeah just flash the kernel just like you flash the rom. do you have setcpu? no need to wipe the cache.

you might want to look into rom manager as it makes it easier to flash roms and kernels. Clockwork mod recovery I like it better than sp recovery..

kernal dave likes this.
  6. kernal dave

kernal dave Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2009
    ok thanks, no i dont have setcpu, before i wiped every thing, i was using a app called milestone overclock, do you know if that one is anygood, or if it will still work properly, it seemed to be working really good before i loaded this new rom. i benched marked at 921ms 1000mhz, i read tho with the gb 800 is about as high as you want to go, and yea i did flash to clockwork recov., havent got around to getting the prem. v. yet and havent really got a chance to mess around w/ rom manager and how to use it to load roms

7. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    I just use setcpu and never used milestone overclock. so cant tell you if its good or bad. everyone talks about set cpu. I am at 1000 and no problems I can see. but do what you feel safe with doing.

8. kernal dave

kernal dave Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2009
    ok i'll do a lil more research, thanks for you time, you have been a great help. =)

9. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    Well I try to help where I can.I am no expert by any means but if I can help I try my best.