• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Install Linux on your Tablet

This article discuss installing 5 Linux distros on your tablet. I don't have the nerves to try with mine!

Install Linux on your x86 tablet: five distros to choose from | News | TechRadar
Thanks for the link. I've been vacillating back and forth on getting a tablet, and the main reason I still haven't gotten one is because I'm a spoiled, 25+ year *nix user who needs to KNOW I can have 100% control over my stuff. Obviously, that includes being able to install Linux on a tablet. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link. I've been vacillating back and forth on getting a tablet, and the main reason I still haven't gotten one is because I'm a spoiled, 25+ year *nix user who needs to KNOW I can have 100% control over my stuff. Obviously, that includes being able to install Linux on a tablet. :)

I'm thinking that way as well at the moment. Although it wouldn't be my first tablet. I did have a cheapo, but gave to a friend in Shenzhen as I wasn't really using it. My reasons are educational and teaching purposes, and so I'm thinking of getting an Apple iPad this time. As good quality, paid, professional level educational apps for Android are not available here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones