• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Install new application to Galaxy Spica

Japong

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
Hi all,

I am interested in buying a Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700. Having searching the internet to find information on this phone and android, I still have one question.
If anyone know whether the new application can be installed to the phone on its external memory (SD Card). Thank you for your answer.

PS. sorry for my poor English because it is not my native language. :D

Not quite as simple as that. You will need to flash your phone's firmware at least twice to get your phone rooted. (Maybe just once if you are already on 2.1). You may then require further flashing updates etc, before you can use Apps2SD. And before you even use Apps2SD, you will need to re-partition and format your SD card.

My adivce for you at present, is get the phone and play around with it, as it is. There is plenty of internal storage there already. Most people install and remove loads of apps, before settling on a few core ones to use. And remember each time you delete an app, your freeing up the space again.

Also if you do need more space, you can free up internal memory by deleting unused internal apps, without needing to install Apps2SD. You will need to root your phone to delete these however.

When (and if) you do want more, update the firmware, root your phone, partition and format the SD, THEN install Apps2SD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones