1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Install older version of facebook and other issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by socialphobia, Apr 22, 2012.

1. socialphobia

socialphobia Newbie

Yesterday (22.04.12) I updated FB to 1.9.0 on my S2 running ICS 4.0.3. I can open the FB app but if I try to update my status or post on anyones wall I get the error 'Unfortunately Facebook has stopped working'

I've uninstalled and re-installed, even tried to restore factory settings but I still can't get it to work.

I tried searching the net but that wasn't much help. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it if you managed too?

I also get various errors with Instagram saything that's stopped working too.

Either I'm really unlucky or Android really is buggy as hell and everyone I spoke to before making the switch from BB to this was just lying as so far my experience hasn't been a good one.

Would it be worth wiping the device fully and reloading ICS and apps all over again instead of a ractory reset which didn't do a damn thing?

As always... thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. socialphobia

socialphobia Newbie

Through trial and error I fixed it. Turns out having 'Don't keep activites' checked in 'Developer options' screws things up.

Issue resolved =)

3. meredere

meredere Lurker

Dude,

This really worked!!! I followed your step on my fren's phone and the problem solved! Thank you so much.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews