1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Install older version of facebook and other issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by socialphobia, Apr 22, 2012.

1. socialphobia

socialphobia Newbie
    None

Apr 16, 2012
    Yesterday (22.04.12) I updated FB to 1.9.0 on my S2 running ICS 4.0.3. I can open the FB app but if I try to update my status or post on anyones wall I get the error 'Unfortunately Facebook has stopped working'

I've uninstalled and re-installed, even tried to restore factory settings but I still can't get it to work.

I tried searching the net but that wasn't much help. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it if you managed too?

I also get various errors with Instagram saything that's stopped working too.

Either I'm really unlucky or Android really is buggy as hell and everyone I spoke to before making the switch from BB to this was just lying as so far my experience hasn't been a good one.

Would it be worth wiping the device fully and reloading ICS and apps all over again instead of a ractory reset which didn't do a damn thing?

As always... thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. socialphobia

socialphobia Newbie
    None

Apr 16, 2012
    Through trial and error I fixed it. Turns out having 'Don't keep activites' checked in 'Developer options' screws things up.

Issue resolved =)

3. meredere

meredere Lurker
    None

May 23, 2012
    Dude,

This really worked!!! I followed your step on my fren's phone and the problem solved! Thank you so much.