1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Install Same App But Different Versions on Same Phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by The Eagle, Apr 14, 2012.

1. The Eagle

The Eagle Lurker

I have CCTV cameras and via my BT router with port forwarding I used to be able to view my cameras using an android app (VS500). Unfortunatley my BT router was upgraded and now it does not allow me easily to view my cameras by using the app. Basically I have to put in a different ip address if I am using the router wireless internally.

My solution was to install two different versions of the app and put the different ip address etc in each one.

However as soon as I try to install the app (using application installer on HTC ) it just overwrites the one already there.

So is there any way I can install and run version 1 and ALSO version 2 of the same app on my HTC Wildfire (or Sensation)

TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

It can be done but it requires permission of the author of the app since it involves reverse engineering .I would suggest contacting the author and explaining your situation .

3. The Eagle

The Eagle Lurker

Thanks for that, I will try but I have little hope as I believe the app is done by the Chinese.

It's a great shame with the loads of CCTV apps I cannot get any of them to work :mad:

4. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

:(
    Yeah ,well there are legal issues involved .It's actually a pretty simple hack but it absolutely requires permission of author .Sorry about that .

5. The Eagle

The Eagle Lurker

What a pity someone couldn't do it for educational purposes and send it to me :eek: ;):D

6. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

As explained previously, physically altering an app or its code requires permission to avoid copyright issues.