• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Install the Evo V's Voicemail on another VM Phone?

rubejb

Android Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2010
Hello all,

My wife is terrible at checking her voicemail, mainly because she hates all of the prompts and whatnot it takes to get to the messages.

When she saw how the voicemail on my Evo V came up instantly she was jealous. Is there a way to install the voicemail app that's on the Evo onto another Virgin Mobile phone? She has one of the new LG ones that came out recently.

I tried to figure out what the app is called but it only seems to be listed as "Voicemail" in my phone.

Thanks!

Try titanium backup the app, thn on the her phone put in ur memory card and try to restore the app only not data

Thanks. I thought about that but her phone isn't rooted, nor does she want it rooted at the moment (nor do I feel like looking into rooting it :) ).

I guess I asked the question wrong...

Is the Voicemail app that we have loaded on our phones on the market somehwere? If so, what do I search for?

If not, is there an alternative app that functions the same way?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I thought about that but her phone isn't rooted, nor does she want it rooted at the moment (nor do I feel like looking into rooting it :) ).

I guess I asked the question wrong...

Is the Voicemail app that we have loaded on our phones on the market somehwere? If so, what do I search for?

If not, is there an alternative app that functions the same way?

Thanks.

no. When you activate the Evo V, they basically are putting you on the sprint network. Which was why so many people had issues activating. That means virgin mobile themselves don't support visual voicemail but sprint does. Also, that is why when activating so many people had issues with voicemail

Reactions: rubejb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones