• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Install USB drivers for G1

Hello everyone ...

I just downloaded the Android SDK, and the USB drivers for the phone. I want to install the drivers that the SDK provides. I am familiar with installing device drivers from a location I select. The problem is, as soon as I connect my G1, Windows automatically installs it as a disk drive. How do I keep Windows from doing this, so I can select the driver myself? Thanks.

By the way, if I click the Update Driver button in the properties, and select the folder manually, Windows says:

"The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed."

Seems unlikely to me, since it's essentially got no software installed. I have two folders that are each supposed to contain USB drivers.

One contains:
- android_usb.inf
- androidusb.sys
- LICENSE-2.0.txt
- WdfCoInstaller01005.dll

The other contains:
- android_winusb.inf
- androidwinusb86.cat
- androidwinusba64.cat
- source.properties
- two directories, amd64, and i386
each containing:
-- NOTICE
-- WdfCoInstaller01007.dll
-- WinUSBCoInstaller.dll
-- WUDFUpdate_01007.dll

Which one of these should work ... and how do I get it to? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones