• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installation aborted on rooting

Ellis456

Nov 20, 2011
Hi all,

I have a galaxy y and put the update.zip on the root of my sdcard, then into system recovery and applied the update and it then stats but then says:

ice" == "GT-B7510" ||getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B7510" :Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Thankyou.

EDIT: is it because my phone is a s5363? and not a s5360?, will this work adding it to the updater script?

Like below add that
getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5363" ||

Hi all,

I have a galaxy y and put the update.zip on the root of my sdcard, then into system recovery and applied the update and it then stats but then says:

ice" == "GT-B7510" ||getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B7510" :Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Thankyou.

EDIT: is it because my phone is a s5363? and not a s5360?, will this work adding it to the updater script?

Like below add that

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...g-whola-update-root-installing-chainfire.html

Upvote 0
Hi all,

(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Thankyou.

Like below add that
where do u put the code ? cause i found updater script but i cant open it please help

Upvote 0
Edit:

Ellis456 said what to change but not what destination: Change \update\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script with an editor your choice and add to the list:

But it still doesn't work on my!

now i get:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installaion aborted.

No root!

Upvote 0
Edit:

Ellis456 said what to change but not what destination: Change \update\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script with an editor your choice and add to the list:

But it still doesn't work on my!

now i get:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installaion aborted.

No root!

perhaps you need to add getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-S5363" || after that. Mine s5363 works!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones