• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installation problem

bombix

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
Hi,

I have a flytouch with tim's rom.
I was downloading evernote and astro in to my pad and them i made a mistake... i inserted an sd card to copy some files.
Wen i looked the download symbol wasnt there anymore and i could not find neither aplication in the pad.
When i opened the market those aplications wont show anymore. Can anybody help me?

Another thing, when i mount an usb drive, were can i find it?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando

Applications - have you tried emptying all the cache areas manually?

settings/Applications/Manage applications/All - look for "Google Services Framework", click on it, press force stop, press clear data,

settings/Applications/Manage applications/All - look for "Market", click on it, press force stop, press clear data,

Reboot. Now try installing the apps again.

SD cards, internal & external & USB disks can be confusing because linux does not use drive letters for device assignments. However, keep trying & learning and you will soon learn how to navigate round the various devices, just remember to always start at:

/mnt

So from the root directory - look for mnt

So now enter /mnt directory

Inside /mnt you will see

/sdcard

So enter /sdcard directory

Inside /sdcard

you will see your storage options:

/sdcard1 (this is the external sd card if you use one)
/sdcard2 (this is the internal sd card if you use an external one - if no external it will be called sdcard1)

/udisk1 (this is usb 1)

/udisk2 (this is usb 2)

hth

Upvote 0
Thanks for your ansker,

Ive done as you sugested and still Astro wont apear in market...

I guess flashing is the only solution... any more sugestions?

Thanks for the tutorial on the file system, so you can use both the internal and the external sd cards at the same time?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando

Upvote 0
Have you upgraded to the new market app yet? V 3.0.27? I would try that first.

And yes, you can have both internal & external SD cards in your FT3 at the same time.

Dual File Manager & Ghost Commander both have dual pane options so you can have 2 x windows open so you can copy from one sd card to another or from USB to sd card easy.

Upvote 0
Well there's lots of reasons why you can't see lots of apps.

FT3 is not a recognised device by google.

FT3 is not licensed to use google android market, as the Chinese Tablets makers will not pay for it to be licensed, so you have to find you own ways to get the apps you need.

FT3 does not have a sim card & IMEI number to allow google market to read your tablet as a device.

All these create problems when trying to find suitable apps for your tablet, and I'm afraid the only way to look for other options, such as alternate markets:

Alternative Android Markets

Using your PC to be creative, like look for the devs own website, or googling the app name + apk and look for the results, or even using sites such as droidappz & mobilsim.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones