1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

installed 2.2, now AVATAR won't play

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by timepilot32, Feb 2, 2011.

1. timepilot32

timepilot32 Lurker

just installed android 2.2 on my vibrant and now AVATAR wont play...not with icon, not with file.....any ideas? :cool:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kbnelson

kbnelson Lurker

Confirmed. It won't play on my Vibrant running 2.2 either. Worked fine on 2.1.

3. broth1969

broth1969 Lurker

Me either. I have tried copying from the back up I have all different ways. I know that the file is not corrupt. I noticed that the sd card now shows up as two drives, the root of SD and "external_sd" if you open external_sd there are no directories. so the the files system obviously changed and I know this movie link is sensitive to that so I am sure they broke the security with this update.

I also notice if I try top play it from the files menu it starts but says it's locked would you like to unlock now but nothing happens.

4. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Android Enthusiast

to fix avatar:

Go to menu, settings, applications, manage apps, tap "all" tab at the top, find drm protected content storage, tap clear data.

then soft reset your phone 2-3 times (hold power button until it reboots to vibrant screen). try to play avatar, it will work.

note: If you have other movies installed I do not know how they will be affected.

Samsung Vibrant Forum

The Samsung Vibrant release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews