1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Installed apps are missing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pypeke, Jan 23, 2014.

1. pypeke

pypeke Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    I installed Norton Identity Safe on my Note 3, but I can't find it under downloaded apps or anywhere. When I tried to install it again, it would not let me because it said it was already installed. I can't uninstall it since I can't find it.

Can anyone tell me where to look for it? It is not on the SD card either.

Could an app on the Note 3 be causing the Norton Identity Safe app to disappear?

Thank you for any help.

Advertisement

2. Paul7876

Paul7876 Well-Known Member
    None

May 29, 2010
    I don't know about this one in particular, but sometimes these security apps hide themselves from the app drawer. The point is to make it harder for a thief to identify or uninstall the app.
    If this is the case, it should have given you a way to open it, sometimes dialling a certain number from the phone app.
    Alternatively, if you installed it from the Play Store, find it n there and tap the 'Open' button

DragonSlayer95 and dustwun77 like this.
  3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me
    None

May 4, 2010
    Female
    PhiLLy
    Also, check to see if it installed into a folder in your app drawer.
    There were some apps I couldn't find like my files & action memo. It drove me nuts until I realized the were in the "Samsung" folder.
    Dropbox was another I couldn't find. The Play Store would only give me the option to "open" it which meant it was somewhere already installed.
    Found it eventually in the folder marked "Galaxy Plus."

4. techjunkie860

techjunkie860 Member
    None

Jun 22, 2010
    Male
    CT
    You can also look in the app manager. If you wanted to uninstall it, I know a lot of security apps are only uninstallable through menu, system settings, general, security, device administrators. If its there and it has a check in the box uncheck it. It should show itself in the app drawer if not then go to the app manager and uninstall it there after its been unchecked in the device administrator.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.