• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installed apps are missing

pypeke

Lurker
Sep 3, 2011
I installed Norton Identity Safe on my Note 3, but I can't find it under downloaded apps or anywhere. When I tried to install it again, it would not let me because it said it was already installed. I can't uninstall it since I can't find it.

Can anyone tell me where to look for it? It is not on the SD card either.

Could an app on the Note 3 be causing the Norton Identity Safe app to disappear?

Thank you for any help.

I don't know about this one in particular, but sometimes these security apps hide themselves from the app drawer. The point is to make it harder for a thief to identify or uninstall the app.
If this is the case, it should have given you a way to open it, sometimes dialling a certain number from the phone app.
Alternatively, if you installed it from the Play Store, find it n there and tap the 'Open' button

Upvote 0
Also, check to see if it installed into a folder in your app drawer.
There were some apps I couldn't find like my files & action memo. It drove me nuts until I realized the were in the "Samsung" folder.
Dropbox was another I couldn't find. The Play Store would only give me the option to "open" it which meant it was somewhere already installed.
Found it eventually in the folder marked "Galaxy Plus."

Upvote 0
You can also look in the app manager. If you wanted to uninstall it, I know a lot of security apps are only uninstallable through menu, system settings, general, security, device administrators. If its there and it has a check in the box uncheck it. It should show itself in the app drawer if not then go to the app manager and uninstall it there after its been unchecked in the device administrator.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones