1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Installed Apps not showing in Market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by michiel.van.wessem, Feb 4, 2011.

1. michiel.van.wessem

Right, perhaps anyone has a clue about this.

I was looking for an update to aldiko this evening. But when I opened Market and went to my apps; 1) I couldn't find it 2) there seemed to be a lot lot less apps then I knew there should be.

Being slightly OCPD, I recounted the list twice and compared that to 'my apps' on appbrain as well as wrote out a list of apps that market now showed. I should have about 63 apps installed on my phone, yet market it self only shows 32 of them. The apps aren't gone from my phone, because the icons are still there and show up in the app drawer. They just don't show up on the market, my apps page.

Anyone any clues what caused this and how to sort this/repair this?

thanks.

-M.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. StevenChap

StevenChap Well-Known Member

If you install an app by the APK it doesnt show up in market, so if you downloaded a paid for apps apk it wont appear in market, hence why it only shows on appbrain and not the actual android market.

3. michiel.van.wessem

Okay that's fair enough. Apart from the fact that apart from 2 apps that were installed from a downloaded APK file. The *other* 31 apps (which are all free), were installed through the market. And the app that was installed from APK(in this case aldiko 1.x) did show up in the market just fine until yesterday...

4. dredg0r

dredg0r Newbie

Just to clarify. I installed Aldiko via astro file manager because i didnt want it to show up in the market.. a day later it appeared in the market. So I believe StevenChap to be mistaken.

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Unless things have recently changed on the new version, Steven was correct.

However I now have non market apps in market. Thought it was because of titanium backup though

6. michiel.van.wessem

I installed Aldiko from APK as I am not too fond of their version 2.0. And it showed in market as updated. The only APK I have installed that doesn't show is swype and that is how I like it to be.

Anyway, this morning one of the apps that did show required an update. Strangely after updating, the market blinked once or twice and populated my list with all the apps that yesterday mysteriously gone missing.

So not entirely sure what happened there, but all seems well again.
    For now ;)

7. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast

It happens to me sometimes,I'm sure it has something to do with using sd as default location,might be wrong though.

Normally if I update an app then exit the market,when I go back into the market it refreshes the list and they all appear again.

8. tlangford

tlangford Lurker

Clear Cache and data from MArket in the Applications Menu.

9. jimdriver2

jimdriver2 Well-Known Member

Yeah this happens to me sometimes - have you applied the non-rooted adb trick?

Mine always does it when I turn off and turn on the phone again. Its annoying as it can easily lead to missing out on updates.

I deal with it by force closing market, waiting about 15-20 secs (waiting is essential) and then clearing data. Normally this resolves it, but sometimes it requires a few goes.

10. michiel.van.wessem

adb trick? what's that when it's at home? :)

11. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast

Forcing apps to install on your SD card by default.

12. michiel.van.wessem

Ah, I had vaguely heard of that before, but never really looked into it.
    I might actually play around with that getting a bit more space on my phone that way.
    So are you saying that the market issue I had could repeat with that? or that is a way to stop it from repeating?

13. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

I've just got this same problem now, half my apps show up in the market and half dont. No one figured out whats going wrong here yet?

14. DesireMe

DesireMe Android Expert

Any apps i have installed from APK never show in the market for updates.

15. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

Mine are all installed from backup, but I have done this lots of times before and they have always shown up in the market.

16. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I've had apps disappear from my Market Apps list, but deleting the Market's cache in Manage Apps soon fixes it.

17. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

I've done that and its still the same

18. jimeller

jimeller Android Enthusiast

This has happened to me too. Usually clearing cache works but it doesn't solve it for me. Tried a reboot, but still the same.

19. ncjharris

ncjharris Newbie

For what its worth, this happens to me too - quite a lot.

I also have the issue that I have an app downloaded, but when I tell someone else to go to the market to DL it, its not there anymore. Even if I use app share to send a link, the link doesn't work.

On the first issue, i found that clearing the cache and turning the phone on and off again sometimes helps.

20. mcta

mcta Newbie

Same thing, doesn't work for me too. It's really quite annoying, as about 1/2 my apps are not listed in the 'installed' tab.

21. tjbaldy1991

tjbaldy1991 Lurker

On my HTC DHD I found clearing the cache and data, then restarting the phone solved the problem. Doing one of these without the other didn't work for me

22. imranfransi

imranfransi Lurker

Dear, i have done as you suggested above but it is not working with me pls help.. i cleared the catch and deleted the data and restarted my DHD but still same problem...

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews