• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installed apps not showing up

martik777

Lurker
Sep 20, 2014
I have installed 2 file managers on a galaxy tab4 but neither shows in the apps. The install completed successfully but I noticed when I installed them, the device was set to my other tablet ("no carrier lenovo ...tablet"), however, I could not change it so I left it. The Lenovo device appears on the tab4 install dialogue even when that app was never installed on the Lenovo.

How do I get new apps to appear on this device?

Welcome to Android Forums :)

Were you using the Play Store app or a browser? I don't think the app has an option to select device, it assumes you want to install to the device you're using.

If you used a browser and the required device doesn't appear as an option then it seems likely that it hasn't been registered - in other words there is no Google account set up on that device (the Samsung).

First step is to ensure there is a Google account in use on the Samsung, then use the Play Store app to install the apps you want. The Samsung will also appear as an option in the web-based Play Store after the Google account is set up on the device but it's far simpler to just use the app.

Upvote 0
I was using play.google.com in chrome and logged in to my google acct. Neither app I installed shows in the app manager. I just installed Kingston office and an HD file explorer and the device now shows samsung and it works.

Not sure what's up with those other 2 but I'm in business now.

Thanks

Upvote 0
The confusion les in that you can log into the Play Store using a browser on any device - but that doesn't mean the device you use is in itself registered to the same Google account, which is what is required to install apps from the Play Store.

It's not clear to me why you choose to use a browser rather than the Play Store app since you're using the target device, but it seems you have resolved whatever was wrong one way or another :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones