1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Installed Custom RUU and now Revoked will not work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ibora, Dec 26, 2011.

1. ibora

ibora Newbie

Hi.

I have looked through a number of forums, but have still come up empty.

I successfully Rooted my HTC Desire and installed the Cyanogen-Mod7 custom. I used this How to Guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1016084

Now, the issue is that I did not like the UI of Cyanogen and wanted to go back to the Stock Rom.

I went on to install the Custom RUU downloaded from shipped-roms "RUU_Bravo_Froyo_O2_UK_2.14.207.1_Radio_32.44.00.3 2U_5.09.05.30_2_release_144166_signed" to restore it back to "normal", and decided that it would be best to Root but use the HTC Stock Rom.

I started the process above again.

However, now whenever I attempt to use Unrevoked. It keeps coming up with "Internal error: failed to unlock NAND flash?"

Im not sure how to overcome this.

I have tried a factory reset, removed all but the original apps, tried on a different PC.. but am still coming up with the same issue.

Bravo PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.93.0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADI-5.09.05.30_2
    Aug 10 2010, 17:52:18

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Jesus man. Put your phone down before you break it. You can't get a custom RUU. They are official. Also it won't be rooted.

First you should read our root faqs then decide what you actually want.

Also tell us exactly what you did to get to where you are now. How did you root* s-off? Etc etc

3. ibora

ibora Newbie

Apologies, I'm getting a few terminologies wrong.

This is what I did:
    1. Installed HTC Sync
    2. Uninstalled HTC Sync
    3. Installed Hboot Driver
    4. Used UnRevoked 3
    5. Used Alpharev (S-OFF Completed)
    6. Partitioned my SD Card with G-Parted
    7. Stock Nandroid Backup
    8. Updated Radio, GoogleApps, ad2sdx, Flashed Cyanogen Mod 7 (wiping data, cache, delvik cache after each install)
    9. Did not like the User Interface for this, so installed the providers (o2) RUU rom.

Attempted to root again but keep the stock htc system but have a rooted phone, but now does not pass Unrevoked3, giving the error message: Internal error: failed to unlock NAND flash?

Found this how to guide over at XDA Forums

Hope this makes sense...

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

If you are s-off, you probably can just flash a recovery and a custom rom. The latest s-off hboots are write protected. Please confirm what your hboot details currently are..

What we will do is reflash a custom recovery based on your erase size (see my post 5 in the link you provided) then decide on a rom you want.

cm has the android launcher UI. If you really like sensem you want a sense rom, however this is the most restrictive of roms.

I would recommend trying some of the custom launchers, particularly go launcher for a while. Pretty customisable.

That guide is not as up to date and accurate as ours. To be honest, there is a lot of conflicting information on XDA.

5. ibora

ibora Newbie

Current hboot Details as below:

Bravo PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.93.0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADI-5.09.05.30_2
    Aug 10 2010, 17:52:18

System Software ARA build: 2.14.207.1

From the above, it appears that the phone has now reverted back to S-ON, when I installed the Supplier RUU.

Note: I have tried Unrevoked Version: 3.32 I get the "Internal error: failed to unlock NAND flash?" - I have tried this in both Charge and Disk Drive mode

I have also tried Unrevoked Version 3.21 - I get the "Internal error: couldn't find misc." - I have tried this in both Charge and Disk Drive mode

6. ibora

ibora Newbie

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews