1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Installed Font Changer and now phone doesn't boot all the way. How to back up internal storage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dpcole72, Jul 25, 2013.

1. dpcole72

dpcole72 Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    Ugh. I installed Font Changer, changed the main font and that worked... I then substituted a different font in 'advanced' and rebooted - the phone now remains stuck at some point during the boot animation.

Unable to boot into safe mode.

Wiping the cache did nothing.

While it boots, the Motocast partition appears, but neither internal drive nor MicroSD card get mounted. Are there any boot options that allow a PC or Mac access to the internal drive, before I do a hard reset?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. dpcole72

dpcole72 Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    Worse:

I've done 3 factory reset attempts so far (Option 2) and it STILL never gets beyond the boot-up animation when booting.

Hard Reset - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

I do have an extended warranty; should I just go in for a replacement? Or are there other options?

Thanks!

3. dpcole72

dpcole72 Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    Without needing a third party software, is there a way to store a ROM on the external SD card, boot into recovery mode, and upgrade/replace the firmware with the file on the SD card? So far I've found utils that have to be installed on a properly working device... :(

Thanks!

4. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I moved your questions to where root-related issues on your phone are discussed.

... Thom

5. dpcole72

dpcole72 Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2012
    RSD Lite and finding a ROM (SPYDER) ultimately fails because AP Fastboot states "Phone is LOCKED" and status code 0. To my knowledge, the bootloader can't be broken for the original Razr Maxx, so I have to find a way to get around that...

"AP fastboot flash mode (0) Recipe Failure)"

I did see the qe code go from 1/1 to 0/1 while flashing ROMs with RSD Lite, though...

I did re-flash the original Motorola 98.72.8 JB upgrade via Recovery Mode and using the phone's "install upg from external drive", which I could not do in an earlier attempt, but when rebooting that AP fastboot lock screen appeared right away. Erasing the cache partition then doing a factory reset... I then powered off, held down all 3 buttons, and did another power-up, and I selected "boot normally" -- it is now booting the OS as expected and I am moving forward. If I reboot again, but if I don't do the three-button salute, I get the "LOCKED" fastboot screen again. Doing the 3-finger salute and going into 'boot normal' gets around the LOCKED error. Should I count my blessings, as I'll be ditching this phone in a couple months, or should I go for the gold and try to fix this remaining hiccup?

And is it possible to get the qe code back to 0/0?

Thanks!