• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installed games but couldn't find it in my android?

DavidNCali

Sep 27, 2014
Long story short, I installed a GTA sandreas game on my device. All the instruction was in Japanese, and I couldn't follow it through so I installed it anyways.. I installed the package and the file size was like 1800mb, I guess I press it twice and installed the games two times on my phone. Now I can't find the game and my internal space went from 6gb to 2gb.. I can't find this package or apk installer anywhere on my phone.. I don't want to do a factory reset because it took me a week to get the device to my liking.. Is there a way to find this hidden file in my phone, so I can delete them and start all over?

This sucks.. Out of all the video, I followed the video in Japanese..

Hi

Its normal for apps to take more space than the size of their .apk files, so you may only have installed it once.

If installed the app should be listed in

menu button
settings
manage applications

This lists all installed apps including side loaded ones.

If its not there it may just be downloaded (maybe twice) but not installed. .apks are store in a hidden area of your phones internal memory.

There is a free app in Playstore called CM (Cleanmaster by Cheetah Mobile) which can identify and remove unused/obsolete .apk files in your system. Worth a look..

Roger

Upvote 0
sorry, but i had to edit your post as it had a link about pirated apps which is against site rules.

is your device rooted?

My device is not rooted... (It should be rooted thiugh, just never got to it yet).. Unfortunately, I ended up doing factory reset... Cleaned my internal drive back to factory settings. I should follow the suggestion above, now I have to edit my
Playlist which took me forever. I did ended up downloading San andreas.. Lol, I went through all that trouble, and it turns out installing games on android is just not the same... Plus, it makes my phone very hot...

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hi

Its normal for apps to take more space than the size of their .apk files, so you may only have installed it once.

If installed the app should be listed in

menu button
settings
manage applications

This lists all installed apps including side loaded ones.

If its not there it may just be downloaded (maybe twice) but not installed. .apks are store in a hidden area of your phones internal memory.

There is a free app in Playstore called CM (Cleanmaster by Cheetah Mobile) which can identify and remove unused/obsolete .apk files in your system. Worth a look..

Roger

Cleanmaster Few.. Thanks..

Upvote 0
My device is not rooted... (It should be rooted thiugh, just never got to it yet).. Unfortunately, I ended up doing factory reset... Cleaned my internal drive back to factory settings. I should follow the suggestion above, now I have to edit my
Playlist which took me forever. I did ended up downloading San andreas.. Lol, I went through all that trouble, and it turns out installing games on android is just not the same... Plus, it makes my phone very hot...

i think it might be the fact that your phone is not rooted, as it makes it easier to install apk files, but i'm not complete sure as all my phones are rooted and never had to install apk on a non rooted device before.

was going to say that it is much easier(and safer) to just buy the game and install it like normal;)

Upvote 0
i think it might be the fact that your phone is not rooted, as it makes it easier to install apk files, but i'm not complete sure as all my phones are rooted and never had to install apk on a non rooted device before.

was going to say that it is much easier(and safer) to just buy the game and install it like normal;)

Will do.. Thanks for the suggestion..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones