1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Installed Liberty on Droid X - Help with Apps Re-Installing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by r6ironman, Feb 2, 2011.

1. r6ironman

r6ironman Newbie

Guys,

I am new and have a question. I made a nandroid backup, installed Liberty 1.0 successfully. Made another backup. Played around with a few themes and after getting the hang of a few things, restored the liberty backup I had made.

About 10 minutes after install of the backup all of the apps I have on my SD card start to auto-uninstall.

I don't want them all to do that and I have no idea what is calling them to do that.

Any suggestions? I do have Titanium Backup installed, but it is not on the Liberty Image I made.

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BH3

BH3 Newbie

I've never used Titanium Backup, but when I flash ROMs to my phone, my apps have always auto-restored with no problems. I haven't needed to go and restore a backup. Of course, I could be missing something grand and wonderful, but I've yet to run into any problems.

3. r6ironman

r6ironman Newbie

BH3,

Thanks for your reply. I did not know it would do that. I have plenty of apps that I don't want to automatically go back on. I'd rather be able to pick the ones I want restored.

Anyone know how to disable this feature?

4. mazz0310

mazz0310 Android Enthusiast

I am also unable to use Titanium Backup....right now I'm working on figuring it out.

5. r6ironman

r6ironman Newbie

Im not sure this is an issue with Titanium backup or just a standard thing the ROM is supposed to do. This is my first time installing a custom ROM, and this is the only issue I am having at the moment.

6. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Android Expert

right when your phone starts up go to market, hit the menu button, then click my apps. cancel anything u dont want

7. r6ironman

r6ironman Newbie

Gunther,

Thanks for that tip. I will give it a shot.

8. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

yeah, one of the boxes that you checked when you initialized the phone after installing the new ROM asked you if you wanted to sync to your Google account

if you checked yes, it downloads all of the apps you had from the Market onto your phone automagically

9. bbuck002

bbuck002 Android Enthusiast

the android market automatically starts restoring your apps upon update. however, sometimes it misses some, on my phone anyway, so i've disabled autorestore and use titanium backup

10. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Well, I must just be one of the lucky ones, because I have installed Apex 1.3.1, DarkSlide 4.2, and I am currently on Liberty 1.0 and none of those installs did any of my apps auto install or restore, to my knowledge. I checked for it to sync my Google account each time. There were a few in the app drawer that I had installed and used in the past, but I assumed those came with that ROM, because I am talking only a couple. I restored my apps using Titanium Pro. After doing so, when I would go to the Market and it would show say Handcent FREE, it would not show it as being installed. Guess that was because I restored it from Titanium Pro. But I just re-installed it and all is well.

bbuck002,

Where do you go to disable that auto restore?

11. r6ironman

r6ironman Newbie

Ok, your tips are pointing me in the right direction. Still having a problem though. I flashed the Rom again. Clean install. Logged into Google on setup, did not check it to sync my data.

Went to the Market right away and noticed that all my Apps were scheduled to download. Clicked on settings, and did not see how to turn that off.

Where do I make that change?

12. r6ironman

r6ironman Newbie

It looks like simply skipping the gmail sign in altogether may have resolved my issue. Thanks for the help.

13. 1eyebrother

1eyebrother Member

The easiest way I found to NOT have all my apps automatically restored after a new rom is to go into setting, then applications, then manage applications, go to running apps and find the market and hit clear data...That will stop all apps from downloading...

14. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

yes, skipping the gmail sign in altogether should work

15. r6ironman

r6ironman Newbie

When I sign back into gmail for the first time, will that kick off all my apps to reinstall?

16. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

The setting you guys want in settings under privacy.

Uncheck "automatic restore". Doesn't help you now, but what it backs up for you now should be what it restores next time.

Like QuickAudi said, that's one of the first questions you were asked with a new rom.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews