1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Installed new micro sd but not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pinmac1, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2011
    UK
    I have filled the 4Gb card on my non-rooted Desire so bought a 16G to replace it. I had thought that it would be just a matter of copying the data across but it hasn't worked. I don't have an adapter so I mounted the phone as a disk drive, copied from the 4Gb card to the PC then inserted the 16Gb on the phone and copied the data back to the 16Gb. I checked that I could see all the data and disconnected from the PC. I rebooted and the SD card wasn't recognised at all. I've gone back to the 4Gb for the time being.

The only thing I can think of to do is to format the 16Gb and try again. As I have no adapter how do I do this? Or is this not a good idea and, if so, what else should I be doing? Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. StevenChap

StevenChap Well-Known Member
    None

Try to format the SD card

Pinmac1 likes this.
  3. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Menu - Settings - Storage. Here you can try to Unmount/mount the card, which might push the phone to recognize it.
    Since you were able to copy data on the card, it should be already formatted.

Pinmac1 likes this.
  4. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2011
    UK
    Thanks to you both. I had just formatted the card and all is now well so I came on to say thanks to SteveChap to find Usta's post so don't know if just unmounting the card would have worked or not. Glad it's working though.

Tags: